Announcements for Monday, March 25, 2019
Today is Monday, March 25, 2019
Regular Order, Day 2
- The Jesuit Medical Society will hold an informational meeting on Thursday in Room 403. Any members interested in visiting the LSU Health School of Nursing Simulation Lab should attend. Also, information regarding a volunteering opportunity with the Louisiana MDA Summer Camp will be provided.
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school in Room 239.
- The JV baseball team will host St. Augustine this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:30.
- The 9th grade baseball team will play at East Jefferson this afternoon starting at 4:15.
- The golf team will face Newman this afternoon at Lakewood starting at 4:00.
- The Varsity and JVA Lacrosse teams play Monday, March 25th at Muss Bertilino at 5 and 7pm.
- Students interested in taking AP Exams should pick up necessary paperwork in the Guidance Office by the end of the week. The registration deadline for AP Exams is Monday, April 1.
- Top’s tip of the day: How you wear the Blue Jay uniform not only says a lot about your school but also about you.
- Participants from the following homerooms in each grade level are the winners of the 2019 Back to Banks Bazaar Volleyball Competition. 8th grade 809, 9th grade 905, 10th grade 1002, 11th grade 1105, 12th grade 1208. The grand champion of the 2019 Back to Banks Bazaar tournament were participants from homeroom 1208. Thank you to everyone who participated.
- Congratuations to Jesuit Varsity Lacrosse team for defeating St. Thomas More Cougars 15-5 in Lafayette last week.
On Tuesday, the varsity baseball team defeated Brother Martin 2-1 in 8 innings. Brennen Berggren picked up the victory in relief. Down 1-0 in the bottom of the 8th inning, Will Hellmers hit a double scoring Eddy Seoane and Zac Casebonne hit a game winning single to score Hellmers. On Thursday, the varsity baseball team beat Brother Martin 14-1. Will Moran was the winning pitcher. Seth Dardar, Will Hellmers and Moran had multiple hits.
- The varsity tennis team won two district matches this week, shutting out both Holy Cross and Isidore Newman 7-0 each. Winning players against Holy Cross included William and James Bostick, Tom Levy, David Nimmo, Luke Russo, and Keating Landry. Winning players against Newman included Jojo Sandoz, Sid Trouard, James Henican, Tom Levy, Wes Melito, and Nicholas Crockens. Congratulations to the varsity tennis team for their hard work and recent success.
- Last week the Jesuit Robotics team along with the top twenty teams from around the state went to Destrehan High School to compete for the First Tech Challenge Louisiana State Championship. Over the course day they went on to win all 5 of their qualification matches earning the top seed for the elimination bracket. The team was led by seniors James Bragg, Alex Stapp, and Lucas Deane. The robotics team continued to go undefeated as they advanced to the finals to win the state tournament. In addition to winning the Louisiana State Tournament the robotics team won three judged awards based on their engineering notebook. Winning the state championship earned the team its first berth in the World Robotics Championship in April.