Announcements for Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Today is Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 4
- Please join us tomorrow for Adoration in the 2nd floor chapel. Spend some time in quiet adoration with the Lord.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Brother Martin in the 2nd round of the state playoffs tonight with kick off set for 3:30. Admission is $10.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit and non-Brother Martin) and $5.00 each for students (Jesuit and Brother Martin with ID) and children (ages 6-11).
- The annual school-wide king cake party will take place tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. Organize your club, team, or homeroom to bring a king cake to the party.
- Friday will be a a purple, green, and gold day. Wear your favorite Mardi Gras shirt or a purple, green, and/or gold collared shirt tomorrow in place of your school shirt. Ask your homeroom teachers about the guidelines.
- Mardi Gras beads will be collected after the break to be donated to St. Michael School for recycling. The bead drive will run from Feb. 19 through March 1.
- Check out the latest episode of Ten Minute Break. Guests Cameron Martin and Mr. Genevose join the show for this special Mardi Gras edition.
- Any students interested in playing beach volleyball at White Sands in Elmwood should see Mrs. Catalano in Room 323 to sign up. Practices will be held on Tuesdays, starting Feb. 20 and Games on Wednesdays, starting March 6. The deadline to sign up is this Friday.
- The Blue Jay newspaper staff will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Student Communications Office.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch in St Ignatius Hall.
- Model UN will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 203.
- NHS recycling will take place today after school in Room 121. Please note the change of day.
- The Barbershop Blue Jays a Capella singing group meets today until 4:15pm in Room 202.
- Students who received an Honors Recommendation for next year’s Science courses are reminded that the deadline is this Friday to turn in the forms to Mrs. Tassin in Room 315.
- Students interested in serving breakfast to the homeless this Thursday at Grace at the Greenlight should see Mr. Delatte in Room 126 as soon as possible.
- Juniors who have applied for the Southern Border service trip: you interview with a faculty members must be scheduled and completed by Thursday. Please see Mr. Delatte if you have any questions.