Announcements for Friday, January 12, 2024
Today is Friday, January 12, 2024
Regular Order, Day 5
- Intramural Sign ups are open for basketball and cabbage ball. 8th graders do not need to sign up by homeroom. Sign up on IMleagues.com. The instructions on how to sign up are on the student life page in canvas. Today is the deadline for basketball sign ups.
- There will be a meeting today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium for all sophomores and juniors interested in being Big Brothers.
- All members of the chess team who did not attend yesterday’s meeting will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 311.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Students interested in Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Green Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 416.
- Join Mr. Jaskiewicz and Mr. Newell today at 3:05 in the courtyard for a walking rosary.
- The varsity basketball team will play at John Curtis this evening with tip off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- The 8th grade basketball team will compete in the Country Day Tournament this evening and on Saturday.
- The varsity soccer team will host Catholic High on Saturday at Lafreniere starting at 3:00. The jv game begins at 12:30, while the 9th grade game starts at 11:00.
- The 8th grade soccer team will compete in the St. Paul’s Tournament on Saturday.
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the Louisiana Classic at the Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales this evening and on Saturday.
- Next weekend the Philelectic society presents its 16th annual Senior-Directed One Act & Improv Comedy Festival to support Second Harvest Food Bank. Admission is $5 or five non-perishable items. Stop by the Phils office or check the website for more information.
- Students, be aware that there will be an all-grooming standards check in homeroom Tuesday. Make sure that you are in compliance with all grooming and uniform standards.
- On Tuesday, the basketball team defeated Rummel 47-32 to improve its record to 18 and 3 overall and 2 and 0 in District play. Zachary LaGraize led the offensive effort by scoring 16 of his 18 points in the second half. Brewer Nitcher added 13 points while Jude LaForge contributed 10 points and led the team in rebounds with 8. Ethan Lapeze contributed 5 assists and Brewer protected the rim with his 4 blocks on the night.