Announcements for Tuesday, January 9, 2023
Today is Tuesday, January 9, 2023
Regular Order, Day 1
- Intramural Sign ups are open for basketball and cabbage ball. 8th graders do not need to sign up by homeroom. Sign up on IMleagues.com. The instructions on how to sign up are on the student life page in canvas. The deadline for basketball sign ups is Friday.
- All members of the Philelectic Society: Cast, Tech Crew, Radio Theatre Ensemble, Barbershop Blue Jays, and J-Troupe are invited to celebrate Mass today at 4:30PM with Fr. Paternostro in the auditorium at 4:30. Mass will be followed by Phils Phellowship & rehearsal.
- The varsity basketball team will host Rummel tonight in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- The 8th grade soccer team will play Rummel this afternoon at Lafreniere Turf starting at 3:45.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Holy Cross this evening starting at 6:15.
- Students interested in Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Mock Trial Team will practice tomorrow evening from 6:30-8:00 in Room 122. It’s not too late to join the team, so if you are interested in Mock Trial, please make plans to attend.
- Attention sophomores and juniors: It is time to consider serving as a Big Brother for next year’s incoming 8th grade class. There is will be a meeting on Friday during the first half of lunch in the auditorium for all sophomores and juniors interested in being Big Brothers.
- All members of the junior class in Programs I and IV must attend a meeting today in order to receive materials and information necessary for the scheduling of senior courses for next year. The meeting will be held during the first half of the lunch period for Program I and during the second half of lunch for Program IV in St. Ignatius Hall. If you are unsure of the curriculum program that you are following, please ask your homeroom teacher. Please do not fail to attend your particular meeting – it is important.
Classroom Changes for Today:
- Sophomores in Mrs. Jennings, 2nd period Art I class and sophomores in Mr. Caluda’s Fine Arts Survey Part I class (2nd period) will meet in Computer Lab 2 today.
- Sophomores in Mr. Jaquillard and Mr. Jones’ 5th period (slot 5) Health and PE class will meet in Computer Lab 2 today and juniors in Mr. Jaquillard and Mr. Jones’s 6th period (slot 6) Health and PE class please report directly to room 120 for class today.
- Sophomores in Mrs. Jennings 6th period (slot 6) Art 1 class will meet in Computer Lab 2 today-please report directly to the lab.