Announcements for Monday, January 8, 2023
Today is Monday, January 8, 2023
Seven Period Day, Day 1A
- Weekly adoration will begin on next Thursday. Daily confessions in the 2nd floor chapel will begin next Tuesday.
- Intramural Sign ups are open for basketball and cabbage ball. 8th graders do not need to sign up by homeroom. Sign up on IMleagues.com. The instructions on how to sign up are on the student life page in canvas. The deadline for basketball sign ups is Friday.
- Any student interested in trying out for the varsity baseball team should meet today during the first half of lunch in the baseball locker room.
- The Mock Trial Team will practice this evening from 6:30-8:00 in Room 122. It’s not too late to join the team, so if you are interested in Mock Trial, please make plans to attend.
- The 9th grade basketball team will host Shaw this evening in the Benson Arena starting at 5:00.
- Attention sophomores and juniors: It is time to consider serving as a Big Brother for next year’s incoming 8th grade class. There is will be a meeting on Friday during the first half of lunch in the auditorium for all sophomores and juniors interested in being Big Brothers.
- All members of the junior class must attend a meeting this week in order to receive materials and information necessary for the scheduling of senior courses for next year. Meetings will be held during the first or second half of the lunch period in St. Ignatius Hall. Juniors in Program I and IV will meet tomorrow; Program II will meet on Wednesday; and Program III will meet on Thursday. If you are unsure of the curriculum program that you are following, please ask your homeroom teacher. Please do not fail to attend your particular meeting – it is important.
- The basketball team defeated Edna Karr 46-26 to open district play. The defensive effort that held Karr to 6 second half points, was led by the play of Jude LaForge and Zachary LaGraize. Brewer Nitcher had 13 points to go along with 5 blocked shots. Gus Laibe scored 12, while Zachary led the team in rebounds with 7 and assists with 4. The team has improved its record to 17-3.