Announcements for Thursday, December 7, 2023
Today is Thursday, December 7, 2023
Regular Order, Day 7
- Today will be our last Adoration of the fall term in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come by and spend some time with the Lord in prayer this Advent!
- All cross country, football, and swimming lettermen should report to the weight room today at the beginning of lunch for lettermen jacket measurements and stripe distribution.
- The chess club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 311.
- The SABR club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331.
- Juniors interested in going on a Service Trip with Courts for Kids to Guatemala or Panama this summer in fulfillment of their 100 hour service hour requirement will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- Pelicans made it to the semifinals in Vegas! How do they stack up against the Lakers? Discuss this and more in today’s Sports Analysis Club meeting during the second half of lunch in Room 231.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students going on the March for Life must attend.
- “The Produce Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 319.
- The Card Magic Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 403.
- The Movie Critics Club will watch It’s a Wonderful Life today after school in Room 221. In this Christmas classic, an angel shows Jimmy Stewart’s frustrated businessman what his town and family would be like if he had never existed.
- The 8th grade soccer team will play Newman at City Park this afternoon starting at 4:00.
- The JV soccer team will play at Brother Martin this afternoon starting at 3:45.
- The varsity basketball team will face St. Paul’s in the opening round of the New Orleans Catholic Tournament tonight with tip off set for 8:00. Admission is $10.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $5.00 each for Jesuit students with ID and children (ages 6-11).
- The Ice Cream Social will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the Rousel building.
- Any prefreshman interested in playing 8th grade baseball this spring should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the baseball locker room.
- Seniors: The final deadline for Counseling Request Forms is tomorrow. See your college counselor with questions.
- Printing fees for the month of November have been emailed to students Outlook account—not their Canvas accounts. Students should check their jesuitnola.org email account for a printing fee bill. Please pay this fee today before the end of the lunch hour in Room 215 either before school, during 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour to avoid penalties.
- Tomorrow we will celebrate the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Students are to come to school wearing a dress coat, dress shirt, tie, slacks, belt, dress shoes, and socks. You may wear a suit if you wish. You must wear your coat and tie for homeroom and Mass. During class you may take off your coat, but you must wear your tie properly and have your shirt tucked in all day.
Check out the second episode of Campus Ministry’s Advent series “Prepare the Way of the Lord”