Announcements for Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Today is Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Regular Order, Day 2
- If you would like a free copy of one of the books Jason Evert mentioned last week, come by campus ministry today and sign up to have one ordered. Today is the final day.
- The Phils E-Board will meet today after school from 3:30-4:30pm in Room 202.
- The Blue Jay newspaper staff will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Student Life Conference room.
- The jv basketball team will play at Riverdale this evening starting at 5:30.
- Fall Sports Recognition Night is scheduled for tonight in the auditorium starting at 6:30. All cross country, football, and swimming lettermen are expected to be in attendance. Report time for lettermen is 6:10. Attire is coat and tie.
- Attention all freshmen and sophomores, come watch the freshman/sophomore flag football league championship game today during the first half of lunch on Will Clark Field. Cole’s Fanny pack will take on the Grippers for the title.
- Juniors interested in going on a Service Trip with Courts for Kids to Guatemala or Panama this summer in fulfillment of their 100 hour service hour requirement should attend an informational meeting Thursday during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- Seniors: The final deadline for Counseling Request Forms is Friday. Get your college list finalized and the forms in to ensure your materials reach the intended university by their posted deadlines. See your college counselor with questions.
- Printing fees for the month of November have been emailed to students Outlook account—not their Canvas accounts. Students should check their jesuitnola.org email account for a printing fee bill. Please pay this fee before the end of the lunch hour on Thursday, Dec. 7 in Room 215 either before school, during 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour to avoid penalties.
- The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana is offering a free field trip to juniors and seniors to learn about coastal restoration. The field trip will take place on Saturday, Dec. 16 from 9-3 and will include oyster shell bagging to build a shoreline, a tour of a recent freshwater diversion project and po-boys. Let Mrs. Harper know if you are interested.
- Friday we will celebrate the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Students are to come to school wearing a dress coat, dress shirt, tie, slacks, belt, dress shoes, and socks. You may wear a suit if you wish. You must wear your coat and tie for homeroom and Mass. During class you may take off your coat, but you must wear your tie properly and have your shirt tucked in all day.
- FBI New Orleans, The Tulane University Police Department, and the Louisiana Chapter of the FBI National Academy are proud to announce the introduction of the 2023 Future Law Enforcement Youth Academy (FLEYA) to Louisiana. Two of the nation’s most notable and iconic institutions will conduct law enforcement and legal training for selected youth from the State of Louisiana. This joint effort promotes law enforcement career paths by giving the selected youths an inside look at the various practices and techniques as taught by subject matter experts and agency instructors. Link to information and application can be found on the FBI New Orleans website under COMMUNITY OUTREACH TAB: https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/neworleans/community-outreach
Prepare the Way of the Lord: Advent Reflection #1 from Mr. Jeff Miraflor, S.J.: