Announcements for Monday, December 4, 2023
Today is Monday, December 4, 2023
Regular Order, Day 3
- Campus Ministry will be placing an order today for additional copies of the books distributed at Jason Evert’s talk. Come to the Campus Ministry office today to sign-up for a free copy.
- The varsity basketball team will host South Lafourche tonight in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 6:00.
- The 8th grade basketball team will host Boyet this afternoon starting at 5:00.
- The Philelectic Society is holding auditions for the musical Guys & Dolls today from 4:30-7PM in the Jesuit Auditorium. Forms can be found on the Phils page of the website or stop by the Phils office, Room 201, for more information.
- Fall Sports Recognition Night is scheduled for Tuesday night in the auditorium starting at 6:30. All cross country, football, and swimming lettermen are expected to be in attendance. Report time for lettermen is 6:10. Attire is coat and tie.
- Juniors interested in going on a Service Trip with Courts for Kids to Guatemala or Panama this summer in fulfillment of their 100 hour service hour requirement should attend an informational meeting Thursday during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- Seniors: The final deadline for Counseling Request Forms is Friday. Get your college list finalized and the forms in to ensure your materials reach the intended university by their posted deadlines. See your college counselor with questions.
- On Wednesday, the 8th Grade Basketball Team began their season with a win against St. Paul’s by a score of 51-21. Rhys Diley led all scorers with 15 points. Harrison Serio added 9 points, and Sully Sullivan scored 7. Ian Leblanc picked up 2 charges, and Brooks Blanchard controlled the 2nd unit. The team also received contributions from Aaron Cockerham and AJ Centner.
- The varsity wrestling team competed in South Walton, Florida, at the Border Wars this weekend. The tournament consisted of 20 teams from Alabama, Louisiana, and Florida. In a dominating performance, the team won the tournament 60 points ahead of the second place team. Individual results are as follows: 3rd place: Brady Hunter, JP Webre, and Harris Treuting. Jesuit went 6 for 6 in the finals, with the following wrestling placing first: Michael Barnett, Bodi Harris, Jose Rincon, Isaac Orillion, Jackson Calderaro, and Spencer Harris.
- Along with a great showing in Florida, another team of Blue Jay wrestlers took home 1st place at the Mandeville Open. Winning 1st place individually were Gage Grilletta, James Roniger, Erich Smith, Caden Sanderson, Will Berry, and Oliver Burgau; 2nd place: Winston Beahm, Owen Truxillo, and Sal Signorelli; and third place: Alex Prechter .
- To add to the success, a third team of Blue Jays competed at the Trygg/Sara Memorial at Rummel on Friday and Saturday placing 6th place out of 26 teams. Placing third were Grant Carroll and Grant Goebel.