Announcements for Monday, November 20, 2023
Today is Monday, November 20, 2023
Regular Order, Day 3
- The varsity basketball team will host New Orleans Sci High in the opening round of the Jesuit Invitational Tournament this evening in the Benson Arena. Tip off is set for 6:30. Ticket prices are $10.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $5.00 each for students (Jesuit and participating schools) with ID.
- All Juniors attending the Dec. 1-3 Kairos retreat must attend an info meeting today during the first half of lunch in room 122.
- All pre-freshmen and freshmen interested in participating in the Brother Martin Math Tournament on Dec. 2 should attend practice today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- All students are invited to join Mr. Newell and Mr. Jaskiewicz at Campus Ministry’s GIM (Guided Ignatian Meditation) tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the 2nd floor chapel.
- The Service Academy Fitness Test will be administered tomorrow in Room 110 from 3:00-4:00pm. Please see Lieutenant Colonel Himel in the MCJROTC Office if you have any questions.
- Students planning on competing for Jesuit’s Powerlifting Team will meet next Monday, Nov. 27, during the first half of lunch in the weight room.
- The Varsity Bowling Team will be holding try-outs for its upcoming season on Tuesday, Nov. 28 and Wednesday, Nov. 29 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM at AMF Allstar Lanes in Kenner. All those who are interested must attend at least one of the try-outs. All returning starters are required to be at both try-out sessions. For more information or any questions, please email Coach Todd Bourgeois.
- Second-notice printing fees for the month of October have been sent to students’ Outlook account. Students with a notice in their jesuitnola.org account should pay their fees before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch period in Room 215 before the end of the lunch hour on Tuesday, November 21. Students who fail to pay this fee will lose computer services and receive a PH upon returning to school from the Thanksgiving break.
- Langston Goldenberg ’19 will be here today during lunch in the college counseling suite to discuss the application process for the U.S. Naval Academy.
- The Basketball Team opened their season by defeating Landry 76-75 on a half-court shot as the game ended by Gus Laibe. Jude LaForge led all scorers with 22 points, Gus had 19 and sophomore Zachary LaGraize added 13. Ethan Lapeze had 4 blocks on the night.
- The wrestling team spent the weekend in Mobile, AL at the Gulf Coast Clash competing against over 40 schools from five states. The Blue Jays held on to first place throughout the tournament and finished as team Champions. Seniors Jackson Calderaro and Spencer Lanosga were crowned Individual Champs. Junior Bodi Harris, sophomore Brady Hunter, and Freshman Isaac Orillion finished in 2nd place. Senior Patrick Matthews finished 3rd. Jose Rincon, JP Webre, Harris Treuting, and Cam Himel finished 4th. Jack Heslin finished 6th. And Michael Barnett finished in 7th. Spencer Lanosga was awarded the upper weight outstanding wrestler award.