Announcements for Thursday, November 16, 2023
Today is Thursday, November 16, 2023
Regular Order, Day 5
- All are welcome to Jesuit’s second campus ministry night of the year this evening from 7:00 to 8:45 in the Campus Ministry Room. Join us for a talk on “giving thanks,” adoration, praise & worship, confession, and fellowship. Girls from Catholic high schools are welcome.
- Adoration will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Please note, Adoration will begin at 10 min break and continue until 3pm. It will not occur during the first 2 periods of school this Thursday only.
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the regional round of the state playoffs tomorrow night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $10.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $12.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes are not accepted for LHSAA playoff contests.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted shirt on Friday to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet again today during the first half of lunch in Room 116.
- The Chess Team will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 311.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Ice Cream Social Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Roussell building.
- All pre-freshmen and freshmen interested in participating in the Brother Martin Math Tournament on Dec. 2 should attend an informational meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- Attention Operation Upgrade Family: All former Upgraders, seniors, and faculty who have been involved with Operation Upgrade will take a picture today during the first half of lunch on the large chapel steps.
- Join Mr. Jaskiewicz and Mr. Newell tomorrow at 3:05 in the courtyard for a walking rosary. Bring your rosary if you have one.
- At Cocoanut Manor, the service stinks but the gags are four-star in this Marx Brothers romp featuring the music of Irving Berlin. Tickets are on sale now for the Philelectic Society’s production of the Marx Brothers musical-comedy “The Cocoanuts”. Shows are Thursday at 6:30PM and Friday and Saturday are at 7:30PM and student tickets purchased in advance are only $10.00. For tickets and information, go to the Phils page of the Jesuit website or stop by the Phils office, Room 201, at lunch or after school.
- The Commons cafe will be closed tomorrow after school.
- The swimming team will compete in the state championship meet in Sulphur this weekend. Friday’s prelims and Saturday’s finals both begin at 9:00 a.m.
- This is a reminder that no students are allowed in the hallways on the first, second, third, or fourth floors during lunch. Students may go to their lockers five minutes before the end of lunch. The penalty for violating this rule is a PH.
Can the seniors keep the streak alive or will the faculty get revenge? Find out tomorrow at lunch for the annual Senior vs. Faculty football game on Will Clark Field. Watch the video below for more information: