Announcements for Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Today is Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Regular Order, Day 7
- All are welcome to Jesuit’s second campus ministry night of the year tomorrow evening from 7:00 to 8:45 in the Campus Ministry Room. Join us for a talk on “giving thanks,” adoration, praise & worship, confession, and fellowship. Girls from Catholic high schools are welcome.
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the regional round of the state playoffs on Friday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $10.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $12.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes are not accepted for LHSAA playoff contests.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted shirt on Friday to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Due to inclement weather today, the Service Academy Fitness Test will be administered next Tuesday, Nov 21, from 3:00-4:00pm. Please meet in Room 110 right after school. Please see Lieutenant Colonel Himel in the MCJROTC Office if you have any questions.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today and tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Card Magic Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 403.
- The Spanish Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 409.
- The Green Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 416.
- The Blue Jay newspaper staff will meet today during the second half of lunch in Student Life Conference Room.
- All students are invited to join Mr. Newell and Mr. Jaskiewicz at Campus Ministry’s GIM (Guided Ignatian Meditation) today during the second half of lunch in the 2nd floor chapel.
- The Phils One Act Directors meeting is today after school from 3:30-5PM in Room 201.
- Tickets are on sale now for the Philelectic Society’s production of the Marx Brothers musical-comedy “The Cocoanuts” starring Albert Favalora as Groucho, Alex Grilletta as Harpo, James Ralph as Chico, and Logan Marcel as Zeppo. For tickets go to the Phils page of the Jesuit website or stop by the Phils office, Room 201.
- Students, be aware that there will be an all-grooming standards check in homeroom Thursday. Make sure that you are in compliance with all grooming and uniform standards.
- Printing fees for the month of October have been sent to students’ Jesuitnola.org email account. Students should check their Outlook (not Canvas) account, and if they have a fee, they should pay their bill in Room 213 either before school, during 10-minute break, or at the lunch hour before Wednesday, November 15 to avoid penalties.