Announcements for Friday, November 10, 2023
Today is Friday, November 10, 2023
Regular Order, Day 2
- It’s Opening Night for the Philelectic Society’s production of the Marx Brothers musical-comedy “The Cocoanuts”. Shows tonight and Saturday are at 7:30PM and student tickets in advance are $10.00. For tickets and information, go to the Phils page of the Jesuit website or stop by the Phils office, Room 201, at lunch or after school. The show features: Albert Favalora, Alex Grilletta, James Ralph, and Logan Marcell as the Marx Brothers, as well as Nate Costantini, David Hulefeld, Keshaun Tervalon, and James Vaicious. A fantastic set was built by Tech Crew members Foster McDaniel, Griffin Dalton, Alex Darcey, Peter Favalora, JP Ganucheau, Witt Iacovone, Logan Simoneaux, and Connor Wilken.
- All students are invited to follow Mr. Newell and Mr. Jaskiewicz to Campus Ministry’s GIM (Guided Ignatian Meditation) today during the second half of lunch in the 2nd floor chapel.
- Any students interested in joining the rugby team can meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall. Chick-fil-A will be served to those in attendance who complete a set of challenges.
- The Jesuit Esports Team and Gizzard Gaming will meet today during the second half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Biology Club and Jesuit Medical Society invite interested students to hear a guest speaker today during lunch in the Madonna Della Strada conference room. Dr. Jorge Belgodere, a research with Hematology & Medical Oncology at Tulane University will make a presentation about his research work and his field of study.
- Students looking for math help for December ACT should see Mr. Lavie in Room 334.
- The varsity football team will host Byrd High of Shreveport tonight at The Shrine with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $9.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk today until 3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate (cash only) are $10.00 each. Both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this LHSAA playoff contest. Jesuit fans should park in Lot A and enter the stadium via Gate #1. Note that both parking fees ($10.00 per vehicle) and concession purchases are cashless.
- The varsity wrestling team will host St. Paul’s in a dual meet on Saturday morning in the Benson Arena starting at 11:00. The junior high dual begins at 9:00, while the jv dual follows at 10:00.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the state championship meet at Northwestern State University in Natchitoches on Monday afternoon starting at 3:00.
- Students, be aware that there will be an all-grooming standards check in homeroom Thursday, Nov. 16. Make sure that you are in compliance with all grooming and uniform standards.
- The wrestling team started its dual season on the road this week against Riverdale. The Jays dominated with a score of 80-0. Finishing with pins on the night were Juniors Bodi Harris, JR Cimini, and Finn Connolle; Sophomores Brady Hunter, Christopher Stricker, Kevin Cazale, Quinn Anderson, Wyatt Beach, and Conner Vargas; and Freshman Gage Grilletta and Allen Kammer.
- On Wednesday the Beach Volleyball Squad took on Catholic High and once again walked off the sandy courts victorious, capping off an undefeated regular season. The Quad Squad once again won their set while two of the three doubles squads won theirs. Joseph Pourciau and Tilden Devine fell short in a tightly contested battle that went three games while winning squads were led by Kale Lee and Brady Brown along with Lucas Marcello and Jake Troutman. Playoffs start Wednesday at While Sands.