Announcements for Thursday, November 9, 2023
Today is Thursday, November 9, 2023
Regular Order, Day 3
- Adoration will take place during school today in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and spend some time with the Lord. Praise and Worship music will occur during the second half of lunch. Confessions will take place as normal.
- Tonight, it’s half-price preview night for the Philelectic Society’s production of the Marx Brothers musical-comedy “The Cocoanuts” at 6:30PM in the auditorium. Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30PM and student tickets purchased in advance are only $10.00. For tickets and information, go to the Phils page of the Jesuit website or stop by the Phils office, Room 201, during lunch or after school.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 116.
- Jesuit’s SABR club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. Come discuss the Rangers World Series win and more baseball history.
- The Pro-Life club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316 for a baby shower. All are invited to attend.
- The Produce Club will be meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 319.
- The Radio Theatre meets from 3:30-5PM in Rm 202.
- The varsity basketball team will face Lakeshore tonight at St. Paul’s in the LHSAA Hall of Fame game with tip off set for 7:30.
- All students are invited to follow Mr. Newell and Mr. Jaskiewicz to Campus Ministry’s GIM (Guided Ignatian Meditation) tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the 2nd floor chapel.
- The Jesuit Esports Team and Gizzard Gaming will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the auditorium.
- Biology Club Members should check your Canvas email regarding a dissection activity and let Mrs. Tassin know today if you are interested in participating. The number of students will be limited.
- The Biology Club and Jesuit Medical Society invite interested students to hear a guest speaker tomorrow during lunch in the Madonna Della Strada conference room. Dr. Jorge Belgodere, a research with Hematology & Medical Oncology at Tulane University will make a presentation about his research work and his field of study.
- The varsity football team will host Byrd High of Shreveport tomorrow night at The Shrine with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $9.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk through Friday from 7:30-3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate (cash only) are $10.00 each. Both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this LHSAA playoff contest. Jesuit fans should park in Lot A and enter the stadium via Gate #1. Note that both parking fees ($10.00 per vehicle) and concession purchases are cashless.
- Tomorrow there is a mandatory flag football captains meeting for the playoffs in Computer lab 3. If the captain cannot make it, they must have a representative. Attendance will be taken.
- There is a flag football referee meeting 2nd half of lunch in computer lab 3. All flag football referees must attend. At least 1 person must ref per team. Attendance will be taken. Please see coach Martin if you have any questions.