Announcements for Wednesday, November 8, 2023
Today is Wednesday, November 8, 2023
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 4
- There will be a walking pilgrimage today during all of lunch to St. Patrick’s Cemetery #1 to pray and obtain a plenary indulgence for souls in purgatory. Sophomore, Junior, and Senior level Sodalities will be present. A simple lunch will be provided. Students interested should see Mr. Miraflor, SJ in Campus Ministry, Room 127, to sign up.
- Adoration will take place during school tomorrow in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and spend some time with the Lord. Praise and Worship music will occur during the second half of lunch. Confessions will take place as normal.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Barbershop Blue Jays will meet today from 3:15-4:15 in Room 202.
- At Cocoanut Manor, the service stinks but the gags are four-star in this Marx Brothers romp featuring the music of Irving Berlin. Tickets are on sale now for the Philelectic Society’s production of the Marx Brothers musical-comedy “The Cocoanuts”. It previews Thursday at 6:30PM and tickets for Thursday are half-price. Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30PM and student tickets purchased in advance are only $10.00. For tickets and information, go to the Phils page of the Jesuit website or stop by the Phils office, Room 201, during lunch or after school.
- Biology Club Members should check your Canvas email regarding a dissection activity and let Mrs. Tassin know by Thursday if you are interested in participating. The number of students will be limited.
- The Biology Club and Jesuit Medical Society invite interested students to hear a guest speaker this Friday during lunch in the Madonna Della Strada conference room. Dr. Jorge Belgodere, a research with Hematology & Medical Oncology at Tulane University will make a presentation about his research work and his field of study.
- The varsity wrestling team will face Riverdale at Riverdale tonight in a dual meet starting at 6:00.
- The varsity football team will host Byrd High of Shreveport on Friday night at The Shrine with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $9.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk through Friday from 7:30-3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate (cash only) are $10.00 each. Both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this LHSAA playoff contest. Jesuit fans should park in Lot A and enter the stadium via Gate #1. Note that both parking fees ($10.00 per vehicle) and concession purchases are cashless.
- The wrestling team started its season off with 70 Blue Jays competing in 3 different events on Saturday. Junior High competed at St. Paul’s and finished the day with a 10-5 record. Jackson Landry and Chase Radalet went undefeated.
- The JV wrestlers dominated in their home gym with 23 wrestlers placing in the top 4 of their weight class. Finishing in 1st place were Matty Bennett, Jude deGruy, Owen Truxillo, JR Cimini, Kevin Cazale, Stephen Ritter, Nathan Wiseman, Wyatt Beach, Finn Connolle, and Diego Zalaya-Ruiz. 2nd place finishers were Richard Nguyen, Jude Levy, Sal Signorelli, and Jake Heap.
- Varsity started the season off in Baton Rouge at St. Michael the Archangel in the Warrior Open. Champions of the day were sophomore Michael Barnett, junior Harris Treuting, and senior Jackson Calderaro. Finishing second were sophomore Max Belsome, freshman Isaac Orillion, and junior Cam Himel. Sophomore JP Webre finished in 3rd place.