Announcements for Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Today is Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Regular Order, Day 5
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today and tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Card Magic Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 403.
- The Blue Jay Newspaper staff will today during the second half of lunch in the Student Communications Office.
- All Juniors and Seniors attending this weekend’s Kairos retreat must attend a short info meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 122.
- On Wednesday, there will be a walking pilgrimage during all of lunch to St. Patrick’s Cemetery #1 to pray and obtain a plenary indulgence for souls in purgatory. Sophomore, Junior, and Senior level Sodalities will be present. A simple lunch will be provided. Students interested should see Mr. Miraflor, SJ in Campus Ministry, Room 127, to sign up.
- The Phils E-Board will meet today after school in Room 201.
- Tickets are on sale now for the Philelectic Society’s production of the Marx Brothers musical-comedy “The Cocoanuts” starring Albert Favalora as Groucho, Alex Grilletta as Harpo, James Ralph as Chico, and Logan Marcel as Zeppo. For tickets go to the Phils page of the Jesuit website or stop by the Phils office, Room 201.
- Biology Club Members should check your Canvas email regarding a dissection activity and let Mrs. Tassin know by Thursday if you are interested in participating. The number of students will be limited.
- The Biology Club and Jesuit Medical Society invite interested students to hear a guest speaker this Friday during lunch in the Madonna Della Strada conference room. Dr. Jorge Belgodere, a research with Hematology & Medical Oncology at Tulane University will make a presentation about his research work and his field of study.
- The varsity football team will host Byrd High of Shreveport on Friday night at The Shrine with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $9.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk through Friday from 7:30-3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate (cash only) are $10.00 each. Both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this LHSAA playoff contest. Jesuit fans should park in Lot A and enter the stadium via Gate #1. Note that both parking fees ($10.00 per vehicle) and concession purchases are cashless.