Announcements for Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Today is Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Regular Order, Day 1
- Tomorrow will be a special order day with 1pm dismissal for Open House. There will be school wide Mass at noon. At the warning bell students should report directly to first period (slot 7). There will be no homeroom tomorrow. Break will take place after 4th period.
- The varsity football team will host Archbishop Rummel on Friday night in the regular season finale at The Shrine with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children. All tickets purchased at The Shrine are $10.00 each. Student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 116.
- All students are invited to follow Mr. Newell and Mr. Jaskiewicz to Campus Ministry’s GIM (Guided Ignatian Meditation) today during the second half of lunch in the 2nd floor chapel.
- The Blue Jay newspaper staff will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Student Life Conference Room.
- The Card Magic Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 403.
- The Spanish Club will meet today during second half of lunch in Room 409.
- This week, the Spanish Club has set up a traditional ofrenda in preparation for Día de Los Muertos. Each day, families add more to their ofrendas. On Oct. 31, a candle is lit, and a glass of water and a piece of bread are placed. We add fruit— dedicated to our ancestors. Please come view our progress outside the Modern Foreign Language office.
- Students interested in going on the March for Life this year should sign up as soon as possible. See Mrs. D or Mr. Delatte if you need any information regarding signing up.
- The cafe will be closed today after school.
- 8th Grade Basketball Tryouts will take place starting Thursday, 11/2, at 10:00am. 8th grade football players should wait to start tryouts until Friday, 11/3, after school. All athletic forms need to be completed prior to trying out. Please contact Coach Eckholdt or Coach Rogers if you have any questions or issues.
- The final deadline for all students to sign up for AP Exams is Wednesday. Students who are not enrolled in an AP Class but would still like to take an AP Exam, need to see Mrs. Yelton this week to register for the exam only section of the class.
- An admissions representative from Loyola Marymount University will be available during lunch today in the College Counseling Suite.