Announcements for Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Today is Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 5
- All pre-freshmen must meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium. Enter through the back entrance on Solomon St.
- There will be a tour guide meeting today during the first and second half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall for all Big Brothers and those interested in signing up to be a tour guide.
- Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch in the usual rooms.
- Students interested in going on the March for Life in Washington, DC, this year must sign up by Monday, Oct. 30. For more information about how to sign up, please see Mr. Delatte or Mrs. D.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- Adoration will take place tomorrow during the day in the 2nd floor chapel. There will be praise and worship music during the second half of lunch. Confessions will occur as normal tomorrow.
- Students interested in joining the powerlifting team will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the Roussel Building.
- Model UN will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch Young Frankenstein, a horror spoof directed by Mel Brooks and ranked 13th funniest movie of all-time by the The American Film Institute.
- IKON will have a meeting open to all Juniors and Seniors with dinner served tomorrow at 5pm in Ignatius Hall. We will be starting our seminars that ask questions about the mind, soul, and everything in between.
- The swimming team will compete in the district championship meet at SUNO this afternoon starting at 3:05.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the district championship meet at City Park tomorrow afternoon starting at 4:15.
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the 104th edition of the Great American Rivalry Series Game on Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:15 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that Jesuit retains all revenue from pre-sale ticket purchases. Both student id’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for admission.
- Pre-ordered Rivalry Shirts can be picked up at the front desk near the Blue Jay Shop through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Friday will be a rivalry shirt day. Those who ordered rivalry shirts may wear them in place of their school shirts on Friday.