Announcements for Thursday, October 19, 2023
Today is Thursday, October 19, 2023
First Quarter Exam Schedule
- Today’s exams are Math, Latin, and AP Computer Science.
- Students should not be in the hallways during the exam period or between exam periods. Once you complete your exam you should exit the hallways quietly. You may remain in the Commons, Resource Center, or the yard during this time.
- Upon arrival at campus, students are required to place their cellphones in the off mode in their lockers. When finished with exams for the day, students may retrieve their cellphones and turn them on once they leave the school building. A student may never use his phone in the school building.
- PH will be held today in Room 231; it will begin after the first exam and will continue as long as is necessary for justice to be served.
- There will be a brief tour guide meeting today immediately after the first exam at 9:30am in the auditorium.
- The golf team will face Newman this afternoon at English Turn starting at 4:00.
- Spanish club members who turned in their permission forms and fees for today’s trip need to meet in the courtyard by 12:20. The bus will leave promptly at 12:30.
- The varsity football team will host Booker T. Washington tomorrow night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. The Homecoming Court presentation will take place at halftime. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and non-Jesuit students and $5.00 each for Jesuit students and children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- 8th graders and 9th graders will be taking the PSAT 8/9 this tomorrow, October 20. 8th graders will test from 8 a.m. until 11/11:30 a.m.; 9th graders will test from 12:30 p.m. until 3:30/4 p.m. that same day. On Tuesday, October 24, juniors and sophomores will take the PSAT. Juniors will test from 8 a.m. until 11/11:30 a.m.; sophomores will test from 12:30 p.m. until 3:30/4 p.m. that same day. The warning bell for the test period will ring five minutes prior to the start of the test. Please check the Guidance page on Canvas for assigned testing rooms. Students may use their own approved calculator on test day or take advantage of the graphing calculator built directly into the testing application. Calculators will not be available in the Library. Please contact your guidance counselor or Mrs. Strain in the Guidance office if you have any questions.