Announcements for Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Today is Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Regular Order, Day 7
- Adoration will take place tomorrow in the second-floor chapel. Please come and spend some time with the Lord.
- The varsity football team will face Edna Karr on Friday night at Morris F.X. Jeff, Sr. Park with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase through Friday from 7:30-3:30. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Student ID’s will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Students interested in going on the March for Life in Washington, DC, this year are encouraged to sign up online as soon as possible. For information about how to register, please see Mr. Delatte or Mrs. D.
- Sodality will meet today during the first half of lunch in the 2nd floor chapel.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half lunch in Room 330.
- The swimming team will swim at St. Martin’s this afternoon starting at 4:00.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 116.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- Any student in grades 8-11 who did not complete the PSAT Digital Readiness Check online in their English class or during lunch last week, or who experienced an error while doing so, must see Mrs. Strain in the Guidance office as soon as possible. This Digital Readiness Check must be completed before students PSAT testing date.
- Seniors interested in leading Junior Kairos can turn in their applications to Campus Ministry in Room 127 by Friday.
- Seniors who have turned in their service essay are reminded that your Service Project Reflection will take place Wednesday after your final exam of the day. Please check the schedules located in homerooms or on Canvas to find the time and location of your reflection. Please see Mr. Delatte with questions.
- Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have deadlines between Oct. 16 and Nov. 15 were due last Friday. Get your forms in today to ensure your materials reach the intended university by their posted deadlines. See your college counselor with questions.
- Students who are not enrolled in an AP Class but would still like to take an AP Exam, need to see Mrs. Yelton this week in College Counseling for more information.
- Second-notice printing fees for the month of September have been emailed to students’ jesuitnola.org email accounts. Students should check their email to determine if they owe a fee. Students must pay their fees before the end of the lunch period on Wednesday, Oct. 11 to avoid losing computer services and receiving a PH. Fees may be paid in Room 215 before school, during 10-minute break, and at the lunch hour.