Announcements for Thursday, October 5, 2023
Today is Thursday, October 5, 2023
Regular Order, Day 4
- The varsity football team will host Brother Martin tomorrow night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. through Friday. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for admission.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt, or a Jesuit imprinted shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit on Friday.
- Anyone interested in trying out for 8th grade, Freshmen, JV, or Varsity soccer teams will meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- Students interested in forming an ultimate frisbee team to scrimmage local area high schools will meet today during the first half of lunch in the Student Activities Office.
- The Sports Analysis Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 231.
- The Pro-life club will host a guest speaker from the Women’s New Life Clinic today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Produce Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 319.
- The Investment club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch Planet of the Apes, the landmark sci-fi film in which Charlton Heston and his astronaut crew land on a planet of intelligent apes who enslave them.
- National Honor Society recycling will continue today after school in Room 121.
- The Phils Tech crew is meeting today from 3:00 to 5:30 in the auditorium.
- Seniors who are members of the Philelectic Society or Seniors who are interested in joining later this year should meet today from 3:30 to 4:30 in Room 202.
- IKON will meet tonight with dinner starting at 5pm in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The golf team will face Rummel this afternoon at English Turn starting at 4:00.
- The 9th grade football team will host Brother Martin at John Ryan this evening starting at 5:30.
- The 8th grade football team will play at Brother Martin this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- Juniors are invited to a class donut party tomorrow during 10-minute break on Will Clark Field.
- Students who are not enrolled in an AP Class but would still like to take an AP Exam, need to see Mrs. Yelton in College Counseling to register.
- Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have deadlines between Oct. 16 and Nov. 15. are due tomorrow. Get your forms in by tomorrow to ensure your materials reach the intended university by their posted deadlines. Please see your college counselor with any questions.
- Admissions representatives from Rhodes College and University of Arkansas be available during lunch today in the College Counseling Suite.
- Printing fees for the month of September have been sent to students’ jesuitnola.org email accounts. Students should check their jesuitnola email to determine if they owe a fee. Payments must be made tomorrow by 3:00pm in Room 215 either before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour.