Announcements for Friday, September 29, 2023
Today is Friday, September 29, 2023
Regular Order, Day 1
- The varsity football team will host St. Augustine tonight at The Shrine with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets will be on sale at the front desk through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 for children (ages 6-11). All tickets purchased at the gate (cash only) are $10.00 each. Student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest. Jesuit fans should park in Lot A and enter the stadium via Gate 1. Note that both parking fees ($10.00 per vehicle) and concession purchases are cashless.
- Ten Minute Break, Jesuit’s student podcast, returns for its fifth season. New hosts Jeremy Rink and Sanad Hamdan are joined by guests Luke Couret and Kyle Collins. Ten Minute Break is available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
- Seniors can vote for this year’s Homecoming Court today during lunch in the Commons.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Ice Cream Social will meet today during the second half of lunch in the second floor of the Rousell Building (gym).
- The varsity, jv, and jr. high cross country teams will compete in the St. Joseph’s Invitational meet on Saturday morning at Highland Park in Baton Rouge.
- The 8th grade football team will play at St. Augustine on Saturday morning starting at 10:00. The jv game follows at 11:30.
- Basketball tryouts for the freshman and JV teams will begin Monday immediately after school in Benson Arena. Athletic physical forms must be submitted before tryouts. See Coach Hernandez or Coach Template with questions.
- Jesuit Medical Society invites interested students, faculty, and staff to hear our first guest speaker, Dr. Jonathan Burke on Monday after school in Room 317. Dr. Burke, a Physical Therapist, is a Jesuit Alum who specializes in sports and fitness training and is the owner of The Training Room in Metairie. For more information, please see Mrs. Tassin in Room 315.
- The Jesuit Medical Society is sponsoring a Blood Drive on Tuesday, Oct. 10. Students aged 16 and over are encouraged to sign up to donate. Club representatives will be visiting homerooms this week for sign-ups. You can also see Mrs. Tassin in Room 317. Donors can choose to get a T-shirt or a free pass to the Mortuary Halloween exhibit.