Announcements for Thursday, September 28, 2023
Today is Thursday, September 28, 2023
Regular Order, Day 2
- Adoration will be held today all day in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and spend some time with the Lord.
- The Jesuit Medical Society is sponsoring a Blood Drive on Tuesday, Oct. 10. Students aged 16 and over are encouraged to sign up to donate. Club representatives will be visiting homerooms this week for sign-ups. You can also see Mrs. Tassin in Room 317. Donors can choose to get a T-shirt or a free pass to the Mortuary Halloween exhibit.
- Seniors: Balfour will be on campus today during lunch in the auditorium to take graduation announcement orders.
- SABR, Jesuit’s chapter of the Society of American Baseball Research, will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. Come discuss the playoff race and history of America’s pastime.
- Mu Alpha Theta will have its first all-member meeting today during the second half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- NHS recycling continues today after school in Room 121.
- IKON meets tonight in St. Ignatius Hall with dinner starting at 5pm.
- The golf team will face Brother Martin this afternoon at Chateau starting at 4:00.
- The 9th grade football team will host St. Augustine this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:00.
- All 8th, 9th, and 10th grade students interested in playing flag football should sign up on imleagues.com. The instructions to sign up are on the student life page in canvas. 8th grade teams are by homeroom. Today is the deadline to create a team. Please email Coach Martin if you have any questions.
- Any student interested in trying out for the tennis team and all returning team members should meet today at 3:10 in the 2nd floor classroom of the Roussel Bldg.
- Basketball tryouts for the freshman and JV teams will begin Monday, Oct 2, immediately after school in Benson Arena. Athletic physical forms must be submitted before tryouts. See Coach Hernandez or Coach Template with questions.
- The varsity football team will host St. Augustine on Friday night at The Shrine with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets will be on sale at the front desk through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 for children (ages 6-11). All tickets purchased at the gate (cash only) are $10.00 each. Student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest. Jesuit fans should park in Lot A and enter the stadium via Gate 1. Note that both parking fees ($10.00 per vehicle) and concession purchases are cashless.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt, or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt on Friday to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Jesuit Medical Society invites interested students, faculty, and staff to hear our first guest speaker, Dr. Jonathan Burke on Monday, Oct. 2, after school in Room 317. Dr. Burke, a Physical Therapist, is a Jesuit Alum who specializes in sports and fitness training and is the owner of The Training Room in Metairie. For more information, please see Mrs. Tassin in Room 315.