Announcements for Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Today is Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Regular Order, Day 3
- The Jesuit Medical Society is sponsoring a Blood Drive on Tuesday, Oct. 10. Students aged 16 and over are encouraged to sign up to donate. Club representatives will be visiting homerooms this week for sign-ups. You can also see Mrs. Tassin in Room 317. Donors can choose to get a T-shirt or a free pass to the Mortuary Halloween exhibit.
- Juniors: Balfour will be on campus today during lunch in the auditorium to take senior ring orders.
- The chess team will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 311.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 313.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in the courtyard to set up the garden.
- Mu Alpha Theta will have its first all-member meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- All 8th, 9th, and 10th grade students interested in playing flag football should sign up on imleagues.com. The instructions to sign up are on the student life page in canvas. 8th grade teams are by homeroom. Tomorrow is the deadline to create a team. Please email Coach Martin if you have any questions.
- The swim team will swim at St. Martin’s this afternoon starting at 4:00.
- Any student interested in trying out for the tennis team and all returning team members should meet tomorrow at 3:10 in the 2nd floor classroom of the Roussel Bldg.
- Basketball tryouts for the freshman and JV teams will begin Monday, Oct 2, immediately after school in Benson Arena. Athletic physical forms must be submitted before tryouts. See Coach Hernandez or Coach Template with questions.
- The varsity football team will host St. Augustine on Friday night at The Shrine with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets will be on sale at the front desk through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 for children (ages 6-11). All tickets purchased at the gate (cash only) are $10.00 each. Student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest. Jesuit fans should park in Lot A and enter the stadium via Gate 1. Note that both parking fees ($10.00 per vehicle) and concession purchases are cashless.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt, or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt on Friday to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Students, be aware that there will be an all-grooming standards check in homeroom tomorrow. Make sure that you are in compliance with all grooming and uniform standards.