Announcements for Thursday, September 21, 2023
Today is Thursday, September 21, 2023
Regular Order, Day 7
- Adoration will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come by and spend some time with the Lord in quiet prayer.
- Join high schoolers from all around the Archdiocese of New Orleans for NOLA Catholic Youth Conference, “Stir to Flame.” The one day conference will have Adoration, Confession, dynamic speakers, live music, and Mass with the Archbishop, all happening here at Jesuit on Sept. 30 from 9am – 6pm. Register for free in Campus Ministry, Room 127.
- The varsity football team will open district play on Friday vs. John Curtis at The Shrine with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that both student and faculty ID’s as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for admission. Jesuit fans should park in Lot B and enter the stadium via Gate 3. Parking at The Shrine is $10.00 per vehicle. Both parking charges and concession purchases are cashless.
- Juniors interested in taking on a leadership role in Hams for Fams, a charitable organization that feeds 200+ families around the Christmas time, should meet today during the first of lunch in Room 231.
- The Sports Analysis Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Student Activities Office, Room 131.
- The Pro-Life club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Produce Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 319.
- The Investment club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- The Spanish Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 409.
- National Honor Society recycling will take place today after school in Room 121.
- The tennis meeting scheduled for this afternoon has been cancelled. It will be rescheduled for next Thursday, September 28.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch Mission: Impossible 1. See how Tom Cruise’s journey as Ethan Hunt began in this explosive spy mystery.
- IKON will meet tonight in St. Ignatius Hall with dinner at 5pm.
- Admissions representatives from Spring Hill College and Soka University of America are visiting Jesuit during lunch today in the College Counseling Suite.
- Second-notice printing fees for the month of August have been emailed to students’ jesuitnola.org account. Students should check their email to avoid losing computer services and receiving a PH. Students must pay their fees by Friday before school, during 10-minute break, or at the lunch hour in Room 215.