Announcements for Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Today is Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Regular Order, Day 1
- Join high schoolers from all around the Archdiocese of New Orleans for NOLA Catholic Youth Conference, “Stir to Flame.” The one day conference will have Adoration, Confession, dynamic speakers, live music, and Mass with the Archbishop, all happening here at Jesuit on September 30 from 9am – 6pm. Register for free in Campus Ministry, Room 127.
- The varsity football team will open district play on Friday vs. John Curtis at The Shrine with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that both student and faculty ID’s as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for admission. Jesuit fans should park in Lot B and enter the stadium via Gate 3. Parking at The Shrine is $10.00 per vehicle. Both parking charges and concession purchases are cashless.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during first half of lunch in Room 210.
- All Peer Support members will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall. Students will receive their group assignments and review for first quarter presentations which will be next week. Attendance will be taken.
- Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch in the classrooms on the 2nd floor near the discipline office.
- Students interested in refereeing flag football will meet today during the second half of lunch in computer lab 2. Referees can be anyone, including students already playing in the league.
- Participants in the Ray Dass Merit Honors program will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 219 to pick up materials and discuss their upcoming practice test opportunities.
- The 8th grade football team will host John Curtis this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Juniors interested in taking on a leadership role in Hams for Fams, a charitable organization that feeds 200+ families around the Christmas time, should come to an informational meeting tomorrow during the first of lunch in Room 231.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch Mission: Impossible 1. See how Tom Cruise’s journey as Ethan Hunt began in this explosive spy mystery.
- Any student interested in trying out for the tennis team and all returning team members will meet tomorrow at 3:10 in the 2nd floor classroom of the Roussel Bldg.
- Students interested in serving breakfast this Thursday at Grace at the Greenlight should see Mr. Delatte in Room 126.
- An admissions representative from Washington and Lee University will be visiting Jesuit during lunch today in the College Counseling Suite.
- Second-notice printing fees for the month of August have been emailed to students’ jesuitnola.org account. Students should check their email to avoid losing computer services and receiving a PH. Students must pay their fees by Friday, September 22 before school, during 10-minute break, or at the lunch hour in Room 215.