Announcements for Friday, September 8, 2023
Today is Friday, September 8, 2023
Assembly Order #2, Day 2
- Today we will follow an Assembly Order #2, with an assembly period from 11:30-12:30. While seniors are rehearsing for ring mass, the rest of the student body will have grade-level assemblies. 8th and 9th graders will report to the auditorium for a presentation. 10th and 11th graders and their homeroom teachers will report to the courtyard for a presentation.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The varsity football team will host Ruston in the home opener today at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. $8.00 Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard today and tomorrow. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- Members of the Robotics Team who plan on attending the FTC Kickoff event must meet with Mr. Kieff today during the first half of Lunch in Room 307.
- Juniors attending next week’s Junior Kairos retreat will meet today during the first half of lunch today in Room 122. See Messrs. Blair, SJ, Buisson, or Miraflor, SJ, if you cannot attend the meeting.
- The Jesuit Esports team and the Gizzard Gaming club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 323.
- The varsity, jv, and junior high cross country teams will open their seasons on Saturday at Highland Park in Baton Rouge competing in the Episcopal Round Table Run.
- The junior varsity football team plays at Rummel on Saturday morning starting at 10:00.
- Auditions for the Phils upcoming production of the Marx Brothers comedy with music, “The Cocoanuts” will take place Monday at 5:30pm in the Auditorium. Visit the Phils page of the Jesuit website for details.
- J-Troupe, Jesuit’s elite Improv Comedy Team will meet Monday from 3:30-5:00pm in Room 201.
- The Paintball Club has scheduled its first outing for Saturday, September 23. Permission forms are available outside the ROTC office. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno with any questions.
- Students interested in refereeing or being a captain for intramural flag football will meet today during the first half of lunch in Computer Lab 2.