Announcements for Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Today is Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Regular Order, Day 5
- Rush Days will take place tomorrow and Thursday during lunch in the Commons. Discover Jesuit’s co-curricular offerings and sign up for clubs and organization at Rush Days. See below for list of clubs.
- Students interested in attending our first Grace at the Greenlight to serve breakfast to the homeless on Thursday should see Mr. Delatte as soon as possible.
- The varsity football team will host Ruston in the home opener on Friday at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard from Tuesday through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and all students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- Friday will be the first Blue and White Day of the school year. Students should wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt; or a jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show their Blue Jay Spirit on Friday.
- What went wrong during LSU’s season opener and what must go right for the Saints in theirs? Discuss this and more in today’s Sports Analysis Club meeting during the second half of lunch in the Student Activities Office.
- Any student interested in trying out for any basketball team this upcoming season must meet tomorrow during the first half a lunch in Room 223. See Coach Hernandez or Coach Jennings if you cannot attend.
- Any student interested in joining the Bowling Club will meet tomorrow at 3:20 in Room 122.
- The varsity swimming team will open its season this afternoon vs. Brother Martin at SUNO starting at 4:30.
- The 9th grade football team will play at Archbishop Hannan this afternoon starting at 5:00.
- All new, returning, and interested lacrosse players will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 120.
- Sophomores are reminded that they must sign up for their Sophomore Service Day by the end of the day tomorrow.
- Seniors are reminded that the Service Project Essays are due Thursday. Rubrics can be found on Canvas. Both a hard copy and a digital copy must be turned in to Mr. Delatte.
- Admissions representatives from Loyola University New Orleans and Union College are visiting during lunch today in the College Counseling Suite.