Announcements for Thursday, August 31, 2023
Today is Thursday, August 31, 2023
Regular Order, Day 6
- Welcome Week concludes today during lunch in the courtyard. We must harness all of our ninja skills to reclaim The Gong!
- Attention altar servers: if you weren’t able to make yesterday’s meeting, you can meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch to the campus ministry office.
- Jesuit is resuming its partnership this year with Grace at the Greenlight. Each week 6-7 students will go to Grace at the Greenlight’s dining room in Central City, where they will serve breakfast to the homeless population of the city. Students interested in volunteering this semester can come see Mr. Delatte in Room 126 for information and a permission slip.
- All students interested in joining the state championship wrestling team, including those currently playing a fall sport, should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 112. See Coach Orillion or Coach Firmin if you cannot make one of the meetings.
- All 2023 spring sports lettermen should pick up their lettermen jackets today during lunch on the first floor of the Madonna Della Strada Building.
- Returning NHS members should meet today immediately after school in Rm 121 to resume recycling pick-up. Please note the room change from last year.
- The 9th grade football team will play Slidell this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:00.
- The Philelectic Society, Jesuit’s theatrical program, is hosting a meeting for all Phils and parents this evening at 6:30 in the auditorium. Students interested in joining Tech Crew, JHSP Radio Theatre, the Barbershop Blue Jays, and our elite Improv Comedy Team, the J-Troupe, should attend.
- The varsity football team will open its season tomorrow night at Slidell with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. All tickets for adults, students, and children are $10.00 each and must be purchased online. The link is on the Jesuit website. Note that student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- Tomorrow is Mass of the Holy Spirit. Freshmen through seniors will be dismissed after Mass. Prefreshmen will attend their retreat after Mass. All students are expected to wear coat and tie, or a suit, along with a dress shirt on Friday.
- Registration Day picture retakes/makeups will take place tomorrow immediately after the Mass of the Holy Spirit in St. Ignatius Hall, until 10:30am. If you did not take a picture on Registration Day, or need to retake your picture, report after you are dismissed from Mass. Prefreshmen who need this service will be allowed to go before their retreat starts on Friday.
- All new, returning, and interested lacrosse players will meet Tuesday, September 5, during the first half of lunch.
- Seniors are reminded that the Service Project Essays are due next Thursday, Sept. 7. Rubrics can be found on Canvas. Both a hard copy and a digital copy must be turned in to Mr. Delatte.