Announcements for Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Today is Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Regular Order, Day 1
- The varsity baseball team will face Pineville in a state semifinal contest at McMurry Park (Field 41) in Sulphur tomorrow afternoon with first pitch set for 2:00 p.m. Tickets will be sold exclusively online on the GoFan website, GoFan LHSAA Ticket Purchase. The ticket price is $18.00 plus a GoFan convenience fee of $1.90. Tickets will not be sold at McMurry Park on the day of the game. Note that both student and faculty ID’s are not accepted at the gate for LHSAA championship events.
- The final sodality meeting of the year will take place today during the second half of lunch in the second floor chapel.
- All returning soccer players must report tomorrow during the first half of lunch to Room 117.
- Students interested in being a member of the Robotics Team next year are invited to attend an informational meeting today during the first half of Lunch in Room 307.
- Creative Writing Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- The Big 23 Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- Any student who would like to join the Student Communications team for next year should meet during the second half of lunch in the Student Life Conference. See Mr. Flores if you cannot attend.
- The Green Club will meet tomorrow after school in the Art Room for its final meeting to paint the rain barrels.
- Tomorrow at 7:30pm in the auditorium The Jesuit Philelectic Society proudly presents our Spring Showcase featuring the Barbershop Blue Jays, JHSP Radio Theatre’s production of “Around the World in 80 Days”, and the J-Troupe, Jesuit’s Elite Improv Comedy Team! Tickets are $5 at the door.
- Second-noticed printing fees for the month of April have been distributed in homeroom. Students must pay their fee today n Room 215 either before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour. Failure to do so will result in a loss of computer services and a PH.
- You must empty your lockers before you leave for the summer. Remove your lock and take it home. If you have any books that you don’t want or are owned by the school leave them in a pile on the windowsill or on the floor near your locker. Throw all trash away in the extra trash cans placed in the halls.
- Don’t miss the penultimate podcast of Ten Minute Break. Hosts Patrick Dowd, Killian Lyon, and Roland Waguespack are joined by guest and student body president elect Luke Couret as they discuss the future of student council, spring sports, and favorite movies. Ten Minute Break is available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.