Announcements for Tuesday, May 9, 2023
Today is Tuesday, May 9, 2023
Regular Order, Day 2
- The varsity baseball team will face Pineville in a state semifinal contest at McMurry Park (Field 41) in Sulphur on Thursday afternoon with first pitch set for 2:00 p.m. Tickets will be sold exclusively online on the GoFan website, GoFan LHSAA Ticket Purchase. The ticket price is $18.00 plus a GoFan convenience fee of $1.90. Tickets will not be sold at McMurry Park on the day of the game. Note that both student and faculty ID’s are not accepted at the gate for LHSAA championship events.
- All Blue Jay band members are invited to a pizza lunch today at the first half of lunch in the side lobby of the auditorium.
- All juniors must report to the auditorium today during the first half of lunch for a meeting with Mr. Delatte and Mr. Kernion to prepare for Summer Service Project.
- All summer camp counselors will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 212.
- The Big 23 club will have its final meeting of the year today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- Spring Sports Recognition Night #1 is scheduled for this evening in the auditorium starting at 5:30 p.m.. All bass fishing, bowling, gymnastics, lacrosse, and rugby lettermen are expected to be in attendance. Report time for lettermen is 5:10. Attire is coat and tie.
- Spring Sports Recognition Night #2 is scheduled for tonight in the auditorium starting at 6:45 p.m.. All baseball, golf, tennis, and track and field lettermen are expected to be in attendance. Report time for lettermen is 6:25. Attire is coat and tie.
- On Thursday at 7:30pm in the auditorium The Jesuit Philelectic Society proudly presents our Spring Showcase featuring the Barbershop Blue Jays, JHSP Radio Theatre’s production of “Around the World in 80 Days”, and the J-Troupe, Jesuit’s Elite Improv Comedy Team! Tickets are $5 at the door.
- Juniors-The nomination scholarship application is now posted in your College Counseling class on Canvas. Please pay special attention to the Morehead-Cain deadline.
- Second-noticed printing fees for the month of April have been distributed in homeroom. Students must pay their fee in Room 215 either before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour by Wednesday, May 10. Failure to do so will result in a loss of computer services and a PH.
- You must empty your lockers before you leave for the summer. Remove your lock and take it home. If you have any books that you don’t want or are owned by the school leave them in a pile on the windowsill or on the floor near your locker. Throw all trash away in the extra trash cans placed in the halls.
- Don’t miss the penultimate podcast of Ten Minute Break. Hosts Patrick Dowd, Killian Lyon, and Roland Waguespack are joined by guest and student body president elect Luke Couret as they discuss the future of student council, spring sports, and favorite movies. Ten Minute Break is available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.