Announcements for Thursday, May 4, 2023
Today is Thursday, May 4, 2023
Regular Order, Day 5
- Our final adoration of the spring semester will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and spend some time with the Lord today.
- There will not be confessions during lunch today. Confessions will be back tomorrow during the second half lunch in the 2nd floor chapel.
- The varsity baseball team will host Byrd High of Shreveport in the quarterfinal baseball playoff series at John Ryan Stadium. Game #1 will begin at 6:00 on Friday night. First pitch for Game #2 is set for 12:00 on Saturday. The “if necessary” Game #3 would begin one hour following the conclusion of Game #2. Admission price for Games #1 and #2 is $10.00 each for adults and all students and $5.00 each for children (ages 6-12). The admission price for the “if necessary” Game #3 is $5.00 each. Note that student ID’s and season passes are not accepted at the gate for LHSAA playoff contests.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt tomorrow to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Going to the gym 6 days a week to get swole? You’re wasting your time. What if you could build muscle with just two 30-minute workouts a week? Come to Room 311 first and second half of lunch to workout with Mr. Retif and learn a science based approach to building muscle.
- The sailing club will take their yearbook picture today during the first half of lunch on the chapel steps.
- The Produce Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 314.
- The Pro-Life club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 316.
- The SABR Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331 to discuss the final research papers.
- Join the Sports Analysis Club for NFL Draft recap and NBA/NHL Playoff predictions today during the second half of lunch in the Student Activities Office (Room 131).
- Weekly NHS recycling pick up will take place today after school in Room 112.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 116.
- For thousands of years Central Asia was the center of the world. It was the global crossroads where peoples mingled, cultures collided, riches flowed, and empires rose and fell. But today you never hear about it. Students, faculty, and staff are invited to come find out why and learn more today during the second half of lunch in Room 214. Mr. Trosclair will give a talk about this unique and fascinating region on the other side of the planet that he spent a month in last summer.
- Prefreshmen attending the 8th grade trip to San Antonio can make bus partner requests today during lunch in the new student activities office, Room 131.
- Juniors in homerooms 1101-1106 who still need to be onboarded onto MobileServe should come to Computer Lab 3 today during lunch. Homerooms 1105-1106 will attend first half of lunch. Homerooms 1101-1104 will come second half of lunch. Juniors who need to be onboarded should attend and must bring their cell phones. Rosters of who must attend are located in the back of homeroom classrooms.