Announcements for Thursday, April 27, 2023
Today is Thursday, April 27, 2023
Regular Order, Day 3
- Adoration will take place today until 1pm in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and spend some time with the Lord.
- All spring sports lettermen (bass fishing, bowling, baseball, golf, gymnastics, lacrosse, tennis, and track & field) should report to the weight room today at the beginning of lunch for lettermen jacket measurements and stripe distribution. In addition, all fall and winter sport lettermen who were not previously measured for lettermen jackets should report to the weight room at 12:35.
- The SABR club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. Bring your final research essay for submission to win a $250 scholarship.
- With the NFL Draft on the clock later this evening, the Sports Analysis Club will meet for the entirety of lunch in the Student Activities Office (Room 131) to discuss the first round and the Saints pick.
- Weekly NHS recycling pick up will take place today after school in Room 112.
- Juniors who want to be Eucharistic ministers will meet for training today after school until 3:30 in the first floor of the Madonna Della Strada building.
- The Hall of Champions’ photo for the varsity track and field team will be taken this afternoon on the Carrollton Ave. steps at 3:45.
- Jesuit choir will rehearse today from 3:15-4:45 in St. Ignatius hall (3rd floor of the 1926 wing).
- The varsity baseball team will host Carencro in the regional playoff series at John Ryan Stadium. Game #1 will be played on Friday afternoon with first pitch set for 5:00. Game #2 is set for 1:00 on Saturday. The “if necessary” Game #3 would be played one hour after the conclusion of Game #2. Admission for each game is $8.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit and non-Carencro) and $5.00 each for students (Jesuit and Carencro) with ID and children (ages 6-11).
- Jesuit and Dominican Campus Ministries are hosting their semesterly Truth & Glory event on Tuesday, May 2, at Dominican from 4-6:30 pm. Sign up on Canvas, or in Campus Ministry in Room 127, or directly with Messrs. Blair, SJ or Miraflor, SJ to enjoy an evening of games, adoration, a guest speaker, and free dinner. Transportation will be provided if needed.
- Juniors are reminded that Service Contracts for finalized service projects are available on Canvas and are due today to Mr. Delatte’s office Room 126.
- Seniors be sure to fill out the Senior Edition of the Blue Jay information form on the senior section of the Student Life Canvas page. The deadline to submit your information is tomorrow.
- AP Students: AP Exams begin next Monday, May 1st. Room assignments are posted in the Resource Center. Please find your room assignment no later than the day before your exam. The test calendar can be found on Canvas under the “AP Enrollment” course and by following this link.