Announcements for Friday, April 14, 2023
Today is Friday, April 14, 2023
Regular Order, Day 5
- The girl choir from St. Mary’s Episcopal School of Memphis, Tennessee, will be visiting campus today during lunch in Traditions Courtyard to perform a Brown Bag Concert. Grab your lunch and a seat in the courtyard today during lunch for the concert.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Anime Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 116.
- The varsity rugby team will host De La Salle (CA) at NOLA Gold Stadium on Saturday afternoon starting at 3:00.
- The varsity baseball team will host Brother Martin on Saturday afternoon at John Ryan Stadium with first pitch set for 2:00. The jv game follows at 5:00.
- The jv track and field team will compete in the district track and field meet this afternoon and evening at Tad Gormley Stadium.
- The jv lacrosse team will play at Holy Cross this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- Jesuit will take on Dominican in the Carrollton Clash today at 4pm in the Benson Arena. School shoes may not be worn in the arena for this event.
- Intramural basketball games for today have been postponed until next week. Today’s intramural cabbageball games are still on.
- The JV baseball team won two district games over the past two weeks. The Blue JayVees defeated Brother Martin 2-0 behind an excellent pitching performance by Beau Matulewski. Matulewski pitched 6 innings, allowing no runs, and no walks. Joseph Bosco pitched a perfect 7th inning to earn the save. Tyler Sciambra had a timely run scoring double to secure the win. The Blue JayVees also defeated Rummel 7-4. Marshal Serio and Joseph Bosco each had 3-hit games and combined for 5 RBIs on offense. Bosco got the win on the mound, and Dalton Loupe pitched the final inning and two-thirds to earn the save.