Announcements for Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Today is Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Mass Day Order, Day 2
- Today is the last day for mission drive. We are $700 away from making our goal. The last chance to bid on the faculty auction items is today! Faculty Auction bidding. Come out and bid with a group for lots of fun events that will take place after Easter break. The highest bidder wins the item. For more information go to the commons to bid during lunch today. Auction closes at the end of the school day today.
- Interested in having a free resource for this year’s Holy Week liturgies? Stop by Campus Ministry in Room 127 to receive a free copy of Magnificat, which has readings and prayers.
- Today will be Day 2 of the chess tournament. If you signed up and did not show up to Day 1, please come immediately at the first half of lunch to avoid elimination. If you owe money, it is due today. All players, please report to the commons when lunch begins.
- Student Council nomination forms for Class Level President can be found on Canvas. Completed forms are due today to Mr. Genovese in the Guidance Office.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the Tiger Relays at Thibodaux High this evening.
- The varsity baseball team will host Rummel on Thursday at John Ryan Stadium with first pitch set for 1:00.
- The jv baseball team will play at Rummel this afternoon starting at 4:30. On Thursday morning the team will host Rummel at John Ryan Stadium starting at 9:00.
- The 8th grade baseball team will host Rummel tonight at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:00.
- This Friday is Good Friday. Jesuit will participate in the annual 9 Churches walk beginning at 815am from Holy Name Church on Good Friday morning. Please come and walk and pray with us this week. More information is on Canvas. Families are invited to walk with us as well.
- Last Thursday, the Varsity Tennis Team beat Brother Martin with a final score of 6-1 to claim the title of District Champions. Senior Jack Mann and Junior Noah St. Germain quickly led the Jays with the first win of the day. Then sophomore duo of Scott Harper and Leo Congeni followed up with a dominating win against the 2nd line opponents. Going into the singles round with a tight score of 2-1, the Jays swept all of the singles matches with big wins from Sophomore Jake Bravo, Senior Nick Kapusta, and Junior Josh Verges.
- Jesuit Sailing Team competed over the weekend in the SEISA District Qualifier at Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook, TX, for a chance to represent our district at Nationals. The team consisted of juniors Dylan Davis, Degan Dansereau, Will Patrias, and Harrison Dietz and freshman Connor Fanberg, Aidan McKoin and David Karcher. Jesuit sailed against teams from Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi finishing Fourth in both Fleet and Team Racing.