Announcements for Thursday, March 23, 2023
Today is Thursday, March 23, 2023
Regular Order, Day 4
- Adoration will be taking place all day today in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and pray with the Lord today.
- Campus ministry and the Jesuit Esports team are hosting a FIFA tournament to raise money for the mission drive. Today and tomorrow during lunch, students can bid on the teams that they would like to use in the tournament. The games will be played during lunch and after school, and the finals will be played in the auditorium. Space is limited, so make sure to get your bids in early. If you have any questions, reach out to Mr. Firmin or Fr. Polce.
- All students competing in state competition for Mu Alpha Theta will have practice today during the second half of lunch in Rooms 227, 229, & 231.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 313. Anglers fishing in the City Park Bass Rodeo should attend.
- Jesuit’s SABR club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. Today’s meeting will cover guidelines, suggestions, and resources for the research project that could win you a $250 scholarship.
- The Produce Club will be having a very exotic meeting featuring dragonfruit and jackfruit today during the first half of lunch in Room 314.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 116.
- Weekly NHS recycling pick up will take place today after school in Room 112.
- The varsity baseball team will host Holy Cross this evening at John Ryan Stadium with first pitch set for 7:00.
- The golf team will face Rummel this afternoon at English Turn starting at 4:00.
- The junior high track and field team will compete in the ABC Relays at Muss Bertilino this evening.
- Essays for The Churchill Society of New Orleans High School Essay Contest are due on Monday, April 3. Any student who may be interested in participating in this chance to win a cash prize should see Mr. Trosclair in the Social Studies Office.
- Join us at the Jesuit Bazaar, this Saturday, March 25, from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. We’ll have great food, music, games and the 2nd annual Laissez Les Bon Temps Cook-Off. The Cook-Off is 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. and features 8 amazing teams preparing some of the best food in town. If you would like to work at the Bazaar on Saturday and earn service hours, please sign up at the Front Desk (near the Blue Jay Shop).
- Seniors: Balfour will be on campus tomorrow during lunch in the student activities office to distribute graduation announcements.
- This Friday, any homeroom who collected $250 last week for the Mission Drive is eligible to wear Fresh Kicks on March 24 and 31. Homeroom teachers have been notified. Fresh kicks should be as follows: shoes must cover the toes and have backs; slides, flip-flops, and sandals are not allowed. Students may wear Crocs, but they must be in ‘sport mode.’ White socks may be worn in place of black socks, but socks must be worn. Each qualifying homeroom will be given a bracelet. Any student who wants to wear fresh kicks from that homeroom much have that bracelet on when they are wearing fresh kicks. The bracelet will indicate they are allowed to wear the shoes and will not be given a PH for being out of dress code. Any student not wearing the proper bracelet and wearing fresh kicks may receive a PH.