Announcements for Monday, March 20 ,2023
Today is Monday, March 20, 2023
Seven Period Day, Day 6A
- The 8th grade baseball team will host Rummel at John Ryan Stadium this evening starting at 5:30.
- Second notice printing fees for the month of February have been distributed in homeroom. To avoid losing computer fees and receiving a PH, students must pay this bill in Room 215 before school, during 10-minute break, or at the lunch hour.
- The Jesuit history scavenger hunt will begin today during the first half of lunch in Room 334.
- An admissions representative from Lyon Catholic University in France will be visiting during lunch today in Room 318.
- Join us at the Jesuit Bazaar, this Saturday, March 25, from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. We’ll have great food, music, games (including Laser Tag and Sports Target) and the 2nd annual Laissez Les Bon Temps Cook-Off. The Cook-Off is 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. and features 8 amazing teams preparing some of the best food in town. If you would like to work at the Bazaar on Saturday and earn service hours, please sign up at the Front Desk (near the Blue Jay Shop).
- On Saturday, March 11, two teams of Jesuit student attorneys competed in the New Orleans region mock trial tournament held at the Jefferson Parish courthouse in Gretna. After two preliminary rounds, Jesuit’s all senior team of attorneys Dalton Haydel, Wade Rogers, Preston Rumney, and Asher Terrell and witnesses Daniel Lee, Jake Morvant, and Ben Tran advanced to the final round in which they defeated a team from Haynes Academy and advances to the state tournament. Jesuit’s underclassman team of attorneys Zachary Becker, Christopher Juge, Derek Moore, Tucker Schibler, and Christian Smith, and witnesses Harry Fantaci and Brandon Haynes competed strongly but did not advance. In individual awards, Preston Rumney tied for best attorney and Harry Fantaci and Daniel Lee tied for best witness.
- The Varsity Tennis Team competed in the McGill-Toolen High School Invitational competing against teams from around the south. The Jesuit A team, led by seniors Jack Mann and Nicolas Kapusta, had a strong showing with many neck and neck matches, finishing 8th in the A-draw. Additionally, Senior Luke Miller led the Jesuit B team to finish runner-up in the team B-draw. Crucial matches were won by Sophomores Andrew Cavalino, Gabe Goodson, Caleb Miller, and Freshmen Cody Martinez, JP Costello, Sam Mann, and Juniors Jude Laforge and Tate Dupre.