Announcements for Friday, March 10, 2023
Today is Friday, March 10, 2023
Seven Period Day, Day 7B
- All Big Brothers will meet today during the first half of lunch in the Benson Arena to review Welcome Day. All must attend regardless of Welcome Day status. Big Brothers should review the room assignments for Welcome Day posted on the bulletin board outside the Commons. Big Brothers should make their second contact with their Little Brothers ASAP to begin prep for Welcome Day. See Coach Ursin with any issues.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Anime Club will be meeting during the second half of lunch in Room 116.
- The varsity baseball team will open Eunice Tournament play vs. Opelousas Catholic this afternoon starting at 3:30. The team will conclude tourney play on Saturday.
- The 9th grade baseball team will host St. Augustine this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 4:30. The team will play a double header at Shaw on Saturday starting at 10:00.
- The jv baseball team will play Southside at 4:15 and Walker at 6:30 on Saturday with both games being played at Walker.
- The 8th grade baseball team will face John Curtis at 12:00 and Rummel at 2:00 on Saturday with both games being played at Rummel.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the Bronco Relays at Zachary this evening.
- The varsity lacrosse team plays at Catholic High this evening starting at 7:30 while the jv plays at 5:00.
- The tennis team will compete in the McGill-Toolen Invitational in Mobile today and on Saturday.
- The varsity rugby team will host Jesuit Dallas this evening at Marconi starting at 5:45. On Saturday the team will face Strake Jesuit at Marconi.
- These are results from the Patrick Ruth Track Meet held last Friday night at Joe Yenni. 3rd place finishers were: Spencer Waguespack in the discus. 2nd place finishers were: Jody Barber in the Long Jump, Nick Foley in the Javelin, Jack Lauto in the 1600 meters, and The 4×100 Relay of CJ Evans, Jody Barber, Adley Ebrahim, and Nick Foley. 1st place finishers were: The Distance Medley Relay team of John Dlugos, Ryan Avin, Jack Garvey, and Michael Trepagnier. The team finished 3rd overall in their opening meet. Congratulations
- Last Saturday, Jesuit’s Quiz Bowl team competed in the Brother Bill Parsons Memorial Tournament at St. Paul’s. The team of captain Ken Nguyen, Derek Tsang, Carter Rigney, and Mack Thomas went undefeated to win the tournament with an impressive 415-120 victory over Ben Franklin in the final match. Ken Nguyen was also the second-highest individual scorer on the day.
- On Saturday, the Robotics Team competed in the First Tech Challenge Regional Championship where they competed against 23 other teams from across the state. In the robot games, the drive team of Seniors Anthony Guernsey and Max Daly, Sophomore Michael Trepagnier, and Freshman Jack Hubbard finished qualifying matches in 4th place. After setting scoring records in the semifinals, the team finished second overall in the tournament. The team also was awarded second place for the Control Award and was the winner for the innovate award.
- This past weekend Jesuit’s Model U.N. Team traveled to Baton Rouge to participate in the annual YMCA Youth & Government Model United Nations conference. The Blue Jays co-authored and were able to get passed a number of resolutions to address global issues. Juniors Harry Fantaci and Bradley Eschmann – representing Egypt – and senior Alex Weeks and junior Hayden Welk – representing China – produced resolutions that were named ‘outstanding’ by the conference. In addition, Welk was voted by other students as the ‘outstanding delegate’ in his committee.
- Last night, the Jesuit Esports’ NBA 2k Team swept its three game series against its Buhler High School opponent. Sophomore Neil Odeh, playing as the Cleveland Cavaliers, won his first game 51-37 and then dominated the second game 66-31. Last Wednesday, the Jesuit Esports’ Rocket league team beat the Delta Charter Storm in the first game 22-1. Faced with an overwhelming sense of defeat, the opposition forfeited the second game giving the Jays a sweep. They improve their record to 4-0 on the season and are ranked number 1 in the state.
- On Wednesday, the 8th grade baseball team defeated John Curtis 6-2. Brennen Chaix was the winning pitcher and Harrison Joint did a great job pitching in relief. Connor O’Neal and Calvin McGee had multiple hits.
- On Tuesday, the varsity baseball team beat East Jefferson 15-0. Gates Barre was the winning pitcher. Daniel Burke, William Lavie and Barre combined pitching for a complete game shutout. Scout Hughes and Jake Moreci had multiple hits.