Announcements for Friday, February 10, 2023
Today is Friday, February 10, 2023
Assembly Order #3, Day 7
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the state tournament today and tomorrow at the Brookshire Grocery Arena in Bossier City.
- The varsity basketball team will host Brother Martin tonight in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:30, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:15.
- In Honor of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color continues its Music of the Movement lecture series. Junior Jody Barber is this week’s master of ceremonies. Join us today during the half of lunch in Room 210 to see which songs made the Barber’s cut, including two blind artists.
- The Poker Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 120.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The varsity rugby team will host United Rugby (MO) this evening at Marconi starting at 6:00.
- The varsity baseball team will scrimmage Thibodaux at 1:00 and Lutcher at 3:00 on Saturday afternoon with both scrimmages taking place at Lutcher.
- The jv baseball team will scrimmage at Catholic on Saturday afternoon starting at 3:00.
- The Tech Crew is looking for new members. If you are a maker or have an interest in lighting, sound, construction, painting, or any other behind the scenes creative work, stop by the Phils office, Room 201, at lunch or after school for more information and an application.
- Second-notice printing fees for the month of January were distributed in homeroom. Students should pay their fees in Room 215 before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour. Students who fail to pay their fees will lose computer services and receive a PH.
- Sign-ups for 8th-11th grade intramural basketball begins today until next Thursday. Forms can be picked up and returned outside of the Theology office, Room 301. See Mr. Augustin with any questions.
- The 34th Annual JROTC Drill Meet took place last weekend. The Armed Drill Team led by Cadet Major Maurizio Muzzetto placed 2nd in both the Armed Regulation and Armed Exhibition events. Along with solid performances by the Unarmed Drill Team and Unarmed Color Guard led by Cadet Captain Joshua Bastidas, Armed Color Guard #1 led by Cadet Lieutenant Colonel Anthony Guernsey and Armed Color Guard #2 led by Cadet Second Lieutenant Zachary Gary, Jesuit’s ROTC placed 3rd overall.