Announcements for Monday, February 6, 2023
Today is Monday, February 6, 2023
Regular Order, Day 4
- Peer Support will have their 3rd quarter presentation meeting in the auditorium today during the first half of lunch. All members are expected to be present and attendance will be taken.
- The Blue Jay Newspaper staff will meet today during the second half of lunch in the new publications office, located at the old switchboard.
- The bowling team will face Hahnville this afternoon at Colonial Lanes starting at 3:20.
- The varsity baseball team will scrimmage Covington this afternoon at Mike Miley starting at 4:00.
- The jv baseball team will scrimmage Country Day at Segnette starting at 6:00.
- Students participating in the YMCA Model U.N. Conference will meet tomorrow after school in the computer labs.
- Students interested in serving breakfast to the homeless at Grace at the Greenlight this Thursday morning should see Mr. Delatte as soon as possible.
- Printing fees for the month of January have been distributed in homeroom. Students with fees are asked to pay their debt before Wednesday, Feb. 8 in Room 215 before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour. Students who fail to pay their printing fees may lose computer services.
- Juniors, this Wednesday, Jesuit will be hosting a service fair at lunch in the Hall of Honors. Various organizations where juniors can do their Summer Service Project will be represented. Come by to meet some of the directors of these organizations, to sign up, and to see what opportunities exist for you to complete your Summer Service Project. Please see Mr. Delatte with any questions.
- Last Saturday, Jesuit sent two teams to compete in the Cade Cane Classic Quiz Bowl Tournament held at Episcopal School of Acadiana. The B team of captain Derek Tsang, Lee Reymond, James Redmann, and Aidan Wang finished 7th out of 28 teams. The A team of captain Ken Nguyen, Max Daly, Wade Rogers, and Christian Thomas placed 2nd. Individually, Wade Rogers was the 2nd-highest scorer on the day.
- The wrestling team competed in the Louisiana JV and Junior High State Championship this past weekend. The JV team dominated the tournament winning 7 of the 14 individual weight classes and securing the team title as JV state wrestling champs. Grant Carroll, Adrian Gianini, Caden Sanderson, JR Cimini, Dom Carollo, Noah Burgau, Diego Zalaya-Ruiz, and Nathan Wiseman all finished in the top 8. Grant Goebel, Alex Santos, James Roniger, and Cam Himel finished as JV State Runners-up. Max Belsome, Jack Heslin, Keegan Spiers, JP Webre, Harris Treuting, Carter Corsetti, and Will Berry finished as JV State Champions.
- The Junior High wrestlers followed up the JV performance with an impressive State Runner-up finish as a team. Matty Bennett, Gus Goudelocke, Owen Truxillo, Christopher Fein, Peter Lieva, Will Guste, Gage Grilletta, Allen Kammer, Christian Herbert, Dennis Durham, Jude Levy, Hayes Ponder all finished in the top 6. Winston Beahm, Michael DiPaola, and Chase Cooper finished in 3rd place. Alex Prechter finished as a Junior High state runner-up. Isaac Orillion, Oliver Burgau, and Ashton Moulliet finished the season as Junior High State Champions.
- The Jesuit Soccer team defeated Fountainbleu 6-0 on Friday last week in the first round of the playoffs with goals from Seniors Alex Patron, Carter Dusang, Hoss Pavlovitch, Connor Bordeaux and 2 from Jacob Cabos. The defense was led by Seniors Cullen Landry, Aidan Corbello, and Goalie Reese Divine. The Jays will move on to the second round of the playoffs against Brother Martin this week.