Announcements for Friday, February 3, 2022
Today is Friday, February 3, 2023
Regular Order, Day 5
- Four on Friday is back for a second year. In recognition of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color proudly present a whole new series of mini-lectures on the music of the Civil Rights movement. Today during the first half of lunch in Room 210 senior Chase Haydel kicks things off by delving into four songs inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King.
- Today is the day. Beybladers should assemble during the second half of lunch today in the center of the commons. If you did not bring your Beyblade, come to watch and/or ask a friend for an extra Beyblade to participate.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The varsity soccer team will host Fontainebleau in the bi-district round of the state playoffs on this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:00. Admission is $8.00 for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $5.00 for Jesuit students (with ID) and children (ages 6-11). The theme for tonight’s game is a Blue Out.
- The varsity basketball team will host Christ School (NC) on Saturday afternoon in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 12:30.
- The 8th grade basketball team will face St. Augustine at 9:00 and Brother Martin at 12:00 on Saturday with both games being played at John Curtis.
- The varsity baseball team will scrimmage both Lakeshore and St. Paul’s on Saturday at St. Paul’s starting at 10:00.
- All Mu Alpha Theta members interested in attending state convention should bring in their deposit to the Math office, Room 328, to hold your spot by next Wednesday.
- The Churchill Society of New Orleans is holding a high school essay contest this semester. Students who are interested in writing, in the history of World War II, or in the chance to win the top prize of $1,500, should see Mr. Trosclair in the Social Studies Office, Room 205, for more info.
- Juniors, this is a reminder that college counseling documents are due Monday. Please check Canvas for instructions and information. See your college counselor with questions.
- Attention Juniors and Sophomores, please submit your online Big Brother application ASAP. The application deadline is Tuesday, Feb. 7. You do not need faculty approval, but you must list at least two faculty members as references. Please reach out to Coach Ursin or Coach Hanemann with questions.
- Last Wednesday, the 8th grade basketball team defeated St Charles Catholic 40-27. Leading scorers were Ian Pratt with 12 and Gabe Parenton with 9. Luke Wetmore and Hayes Meteeay took charges. Zyron Forstall dominated inside play in the 2nd half.
- On Tuesday, The Freshman Basketball Team improved to 19-2 on the season with a 41-31 district win over Rummel. Sven Jensen led the game in scoring with 12 points. Zachary LaGraize added 10. The team also got contributions from Tyler Oufnac and Tyler Farley who each added 6 points a piece.