Announcements for Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Today is Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Regular Order, Day 7
- Four on Friday is back for a second year. In recognition of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color proudly present a whole new series of mini-lectures on the music of the Civil Rights movement. This Friday during the first half of lunch in Room 210 senior Chase Haydel kicks things off by delving into four songs inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King.
- Calliope submissions are due Feb. 9. Send your poetry, fiction, non-fiction, photography, and art to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Calliope flyers for details.
- Creative Writing will meet today after school in Room 115.
- The wrestling team will host De La Salle in a dual meet this evening in the Benson Arena starting at 5:30. Senior Night ceremonies will take place prior to competition.
- Juniors interested in going on the service project trip to Appalachia should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Produce Club will be having another fruitful meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 314.
- The Churchill Society of New Orleans is holding a high school essay contest this semester. Students who are interested in writing, in the history of World War II, or in the chance to win the top prize of $1,500, should see Mr. Trosclair in the Social Studies Office, Room 205, for more info.
- Juniors: the Service Directory for your Senior Service project will be available on Canvas starting today. Please read through closely for information about various service projects available. See Mr. Delatte with any questions.