Announcements for Thursday, January 19, 2023
Today is Thursday, January 19, 2023
Regular Order, Day 7
- There will be no confessions this afternoon.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit on Friday.
- THE 15th Annual SENIOR-DIRECTED ONE ACT PLAY AND IMPROV COMEDY FESTIVAL is tonight at 6:30PM and Friday, and Saturday at 7:30PM in the Jesuit Auditorium to support Second Harvest Food Bank. Admission is $5.00 or five non-perishable food items.
- The Philelectic Society is holding auditions for our spring production of SOMETHING ROTTEN! on Saturday Jan. 21 from 9:30-12:30PM in the auditorium. Info is available on the Jesuit website.
- Members of the Robotics Team competing this weekend need to meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 307 for team photos. See Mr. Kieff if you are unable to attend.
- The Social Justice Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 308.
- The Jesuit SABR Club (Society for American Baseball Research) will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. Come sign up and discuss the off season, free agency, baseball history and more.
- Why fret about Brandon Ingram’s toe on your own? Join the Sports Analysis Club today during the second half of lunch in the new Student Activities Office to discuss Pelicans and Jesuit basketball with one of our coaches and other sports topics.
- The Jesuit Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- There will be a varsity tennis team meeting in the Roussel Bldg. classroom after school today starting at 3:10.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 116.
- Weekly NHS recycling pick up will take place today after school in Room 112.
- The bowling team will face St. Augustine this afternoon at Colonial Lanes starting at 3:20.
- Students participating in the YMCA Model U.N. Conference will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214. If you haven’t yet done so, please turn in your forms to Mr. Trosclair by the end of the day today.
- All Algebra I and Geometry students interested in competing in the Baton Rouge Catholic Math Tournament on January 21 will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 330. If you have questions, see Mrs. Merritt.
- Any junior or senior needing math ACT help for the February test help should stop by Room 334 to see Mr. Lavie.
- Sign-ups for intramural basketball for seniors only will take place until next Tuesday. Sign-up sheets can be found outside of Room 301 and the Student Council Office. Forms with money attached should be turned in to Mr. Augustin in Room 301.