Announcements for Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Today is Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Mass Day Order, Day 1
- THE 15th Annual SENIOR-DIRECTED ONE ACT PLAY AND IMPROV COMEDY FESTIVAL is this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in the Jesuit Auditorium to support Second Harvest Food Bank. Admission is $5.00 or five non-perishable food items. Senior Chris Gieseler will make his directorial debut. Junior directors Albert Favalora and Alex Grilletta will also direct scenes.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society will hold auditions for the musical, Something Rotten! on Saturday, Jan. 21 from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in the Jesuit auditorium. Forms and information are on the Phils page of the Jesuit website. Come prepared with a song fully memorized. If you wish to be considered for a specific role or a solo part, please sing a song from the show. Chorus roles may sing in small groups if preferred. All will take part in dance auditions. You will be taught what you need, and experience isn’t necessary. If you are a dancer, please bring your dance shoes.
- 9th and 10th Graders who want to try out for the Junior Varsity Baseball Team will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 332.
- Any junior and senior registered for the IKON Seminar will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 121.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today after school in Room 115.
- The varsity wrestling team will face Rummel in a dual meet this evening at Rummel starting at 6:00.
- The 8th grade soccer team will host Brother Martin this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 4:30. The 9th grade game begins at 5:45, while the jv game follows at 7:00.
- All Algebra I and Geometry students interested in competing in the Baton Rouge Catholic Math Tournament on January 21 will meet today and Friday during the first half of lunch in Room 330. If you have questions, see Mrs. Merritt.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- Students looking to participate in the YMCA Model U.N. Conference are reminded that forms are due tomorrow to Mr. Trosclair in the Social Studies Office. Student participating in the conference will meet on Friday during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- Any junior or senior needing math ACT help for the February test help should stop by Room 334 to see Mr. Lavie.
- Sign-ups for intramural basketball for seniors only will take place until next Tuesday. Sign-up sheets can be found outside of Room 301 and the Student Council Office. Forms with money attached should be turned in to Mr. Augustin in Room 301.
- Printing fees are due today before the end of the lunch period in Room 215.