Announcements for Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Today is Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 5
- The Harry Tompson Center is collecting items to benefit homeless men and women in the city. Flyers have been posted in the classroom detailing items they are in need of. Please drop off all items in campus ministry or in front of the library. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
- Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- All Algebra I and Geometry students interested in competing in the Brother Martin Math Tournament on Jan. 14 will meet today and Friday during the first half of lunch in Room 330. If you have questions, see Mrs. Merritt.
- Mu Alpha Theta members attending the Brother Martin Math Tournament this Saturday will have practice today and tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 229 and Room 227.
- Books with Beignets will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- Students interested in Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 220. All, including those who could not attend yesterday, are welcome.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today after school in Room 115.
- The varsity wrestling team will host Holy Cross this evening in the Benson Arena starting at 6:00.
- The varsity soccer team will host Destrehan this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:00. The jv game follows at 6:45.
- The jv soccer team will play at Holy Cross this evening starting at 5:00.
- The 8th grade basketball team will face St. James at St. Charles Catholic tonight starting at 7:00.
- Any 8th grader interested in trying out for the 8th grade baseball team should meet tomorrow during the first half in the baseball locker room, located on the first floor of the Roussell Building
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students attending the March for Life must attend.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- Anyone interested in joining the Football Program next season that is not already working out with the team can meet Coach Manale in Room 112 at the beginning of lunch on Friday.
- Students interested in going to serve breakfast to the homeless at Grace at the Greenlight this Thursday should see Mr. Delatte as soon as possible.
- Intramural teams who have not picked up their championship football shirts should come to the Theology office, Room 301, this week to do so.
- All members of the junior class in Programs I and IV must attend a meeting today in order to receive materials and information necessary for the scheduling of senior courses for next year. The meeting will be held during the first half of the lunch period for Program I and during the second half of lunch for Program IV in the Auditorium. If you are unsure of the curriculum program that you are following, please ask your homeroom teacher. Please do not fail to attend your particular meeting – it is important.
- Room changes for today: Sophomores in Coach Jennings’ 4th period (slot 1) PE class report to Computer Lab 2 today.
- Printing fees are due today in Room 215 by the end of the lunch hour.