Announcements for Monday, December 12, 2022
Today is Monday, December 12, 2022
Regular Order, Day 6
- Books with Beignets will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- The Chess Club will meet after school today in Room 332.
- The Mock Trial Team will hold its first practice this evening at 6:15 p.m. in Room 122.
- Tomorrow during the second half of lunch the Student Council will sponsor a tacky Christmas Sweater contest. There will also be a contest for most Christmas-y socks and the best Christmas suit. All students are invited to wear their Christmas best tomorrow throughout the day, but must adhere to the following guidelines: All clothing worn must not be offensive (no references to drugs, alcohol, immodest and/or sacrilegious images or words); students who wear Christmas sweaters do not need to wear their nametag on the sweater; Students who wear Christmas suits do not need to wear a tie, but should wear a dress shirt and must wear their school shoes. Any questions about attire should be directed to the Director of Student Activities.
- The Spanish Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 332.
- Please join us for The Phils “Holiday Happening” our winter showcase featuring the Barbershop Blue Jays, the JHSP Radio Theatre Ensemble, and the J-Troupe Improv comedy team live on stage in the auditorium Dec. 20 at 7pm. The show will be followed by cocoa, cookies, and caroling on the Chapel steps.
- Seniors, this is the final reminder for Counseling Request Forms. The forms are due for college applications that have deadlines between Jan. 5 and April 1. Get your forms in by tomorrow to ensure your materials reach the intended university by their posted deadlines. Please see your college counselor with any questions.
- Second notice printing fees have been distributed in homeroom. Students must pay their fee before the end of the lunch hour on Tuesday, Dec. 13 in Room 215 either before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour. Failure to pay this fee by Tuesday will result in a PH and a loss of computer services. Please note: Students who receive a PH for failing to pay their printing fee will serve their detention after the last exam on Tuesday, Dec. 20.
- On Saturday, the basketball team was crowned champions of the Chalmette Valero Invitational Tournament by defeating Mandeville 52-37. The team was led by the defensive effort of sophomore Neil Odeh, junior Jude Laforge, and senior Jace Larsen holding the skippers to 11 second half points. Leading scorers were senior Jack Lo with 17, sophomore Jasper Parker with 13 and senior Josh Washington added 10. Named to the All-Tournament team were Jasper Parker and Jack Lo. Josh Washington was named MVP of the tournament.