Announcements for Thursday, December 8, 2022
Today is Thursday, December 8, 2022
Mass Day Order, Day 1
- Friday is Fresh Kicks Friday to raise money for charity. Students who turn in $2 to their homeroom reps by Friday can wear shoes other than their school shoes. Shoes must cover the toes and have backs. Slides, flip-flops, and sandals are not allowed. Students may wear Crocs, but they must be in ‘sport mode.’ White socks may be worn in place of black socks, but socks must be worn.
- Wrapping paper for Christmas door decorations can be found outside of Room 113. Student Council members will judge doors on Friday after school.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students going on the March for Life must attend.
- The Sports Analysis Club today during the second half of lunch in the Madonna Della Strada building for our yearbook picture.
- Weekly NHS recycling pick up will take place today after school in Room 112.
- The varsity soccer team will host Chalmette this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:00. The jv game follows at 7:00.
- The varsity basketball team will face Benton in the opening round of the Chalmette Tournament this evening with tip off set for 7:30.
- All cross country, football, and swimming lettermen should report to the weight room at the beginning of the lunch period on Friday for lettermen jacket measurements and stripe distribution.
- Juniors interested in going on a Service Trip with Courts for Kids to Guatemala or Costa Rica this summer to fulfill their 100 hour service hour requirement should attend an informational meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- Tuesday during the second half of lunch the Student Council will sponsor a tacky Christmas Sweater contest. There will also be a contest for most Christmas-y socks and the best Christmas suit. All students are invited to wear their Christmas best on Tuesday throughout the day, but must adhere to the following guidelines: All clothing worn must not be offensive (no references to drugs, alcohol, immodest and/or sacrilegious images or words); students who wear Christmas sweaters do not need to wear their nametag on the sweater; Students who wear Christmas suits do not need to wear a tie, but should wear a dress shirt and must wear their school shoes. Any questions about attire should be directed to the Director of Student Activities.