Announcements for Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Today is Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Regular Order, Day 2
- Thursday we will celebrate the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Students are to come to school wearing a dress coat, dress shirt, tie, slacks, belt, dress shoes, and socks. You may wear a suit if you wish. You must wear your coat and tie for homeroom and Mass. During class you may take off your coat, but you must wear your tie properly and have your shirt tucked in the entire day.
- Friday is Fresh Kicks Friday to raise money for charity. Students who turn in $2 to their homeroom reps by Friday can wear shoes other than their school shoes. Shoes must cover the toes and have backs. Slides, flip-flops, and sandals are not allowed. Students may wear Crocs, but they must be in ‘sport mode.’ White socks may be worn in place of black socks, but socks must be worn.
- Wrapping paper for Christmas door decorations can be found outside of Room 113. Student Council members will judge doors on Friday after school.
- Any student interested in trying out for the 9th grade, JV and Varsity baseball teams should meet today during the first half of the lunch in the baseball locker room.
- The Model UN Team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The Big 23 Club, Jesuit’s grammar workshop, will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221. Bring in a printed copy of your essay or any type of written work that needs to be checked for correct grammar.
- The Green Club will meet today during second half of lunch in Room 306.
- The Mock Trial Team will hold an organizational meeting today at 6:15 p.m. in Room 122.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today after school in Room 115.
- The varsity wrestling team will host Covington in a dual meet tonight in the Benson Arena starting at 6:00.
- The 8th grade soccer team will host Newman this evening at 5:30. The JV game follows at 7:00.
- The 8th grade basketball team will face Riverside at St. Charles Catholic tonight starting at 6:00.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Investment Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- Juniors interested in going on a Service Trip with Courts for Kids to Guatemala or Costa Rica this summer to fulfill their 100 hour service hour requirement should attend an informational meeting Friday during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- Printing fees for the month of November—not October as printed on the fee notice—have been distributed in homeroom. Please pay this bill before the end of the lunch hour on Friday, Dec. 9 to avoid the loss of computer services and receiving a PH. Payments are accepted in Room 215 before school, at 10-minute break, and during the lunch hour.
- Students, be aware that there will be an all-grooming standards check in homeroom tomorrow. Make sure that you are in compliance with all grooming and uniform standards.
- Tuesday during the second half of lunch the Student Council will sponsor a tacky Christmas Sweater contest. There will also be a contest for most Christmas-y socks and the best Christmas suit. All students are invited to wear their Christmas best on Tuesday throughout the day, but must adhere to the following guidelines: All clothing worn must not be offensive (no references to drugs, alcohol, immodest and/or sacrilegious images or words); students who wear Christmas sweaters do not need to wear their nametag on the sweater; Students who wear Christmas suits do not need to wear a tie, but should wear a dress shirt and must wear their school shoes. Any questions about attire should be directed to the Director of Student Activities.