Announcements for Thursday, December 1, 2022
Today is Thursday, December 1, 2022
Regular Order, Day 6
- Come enjoy fellowship, a talk, prayer, and a free dinner with students from both Jesuit and Dominican at Campus Ministry’s Truth & Glory event next week Tuesday, Dec. 6 from 4-6:30pm. Register with Mr. Miraflor or Mr. Blair in the new Campus Ministry office, Room 103, next to the old switchboard.
- Jesuit’s newly formed SABR club (Society for American Baseball Research) will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. We will discuss the baseball offseason and discuss topics for research papers during the holidays.
- It was a rough weekend for Louisiana football, but a great week overall for American football (soccer). Discuss this and more at today’s Sports Analysis Club Meeting during the second half of lunch on the first floor of the Madonna Della Strada Building.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students going on the March for Life must attend.
- Weekly NHS recycling pick up will take place today after school in Room 112.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch Bullitt, a crime thriller with one of the most celebrated car chases in film history.
- The Classic Rock Club will take its yearbook picture tomorrow at the start of the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Varsity Bowling Team will be holding try-outs for its upcoming season today and Monday from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM at AMF Allstar Lanes in Kenner. All those who are interested are required to attend at least one of the try-outs. All returning starters are required to be at both try-out sessions. For more information or any questions, please email Coach Todd Bourgeois.
- It’s December, and Christmas is fast approaching. With Christmas comes presents under the tree. Unfortunately, some needy children will not receive gifts and this is where you can help. The Marine Corps Reserve and Jesuit MCJROTC are sponsoring the annual Toys for Tots Drive, which runs through Dec. 16. During the drive, we will collect new, unwrapped toys for local needy children. Boxes will be placed in each homeroom to collect the toys and a flyer has been placed in all teachers’ mailboxes. The homeroom in each grade level that collects the most toys will receive a donut party at the beginning of next semester. A minimum of 1 toy per student is required to qualify. The drive only lasts until Dec. 16, so start bringing those toys in and make some child’s Christmas a very merry one.