Announcements for Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Today is Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 7
- Come enjoy fellowship, a talk, prayer, and a free dinner with students from both Jesuit and Dominican at Campus Ministry’s Truth & Glory event next week Tuesday Dec. 6th from 4-6:30pm. Register with Mr. Miraflor or Mr. Blair in the new Campus Ministry office, Room 103, next to the old switchboard.
- Balfour will be on campus today during lunch in the auditorium to take orders for senior rings and graduation announcements.
- The Jesuit Men of Color welcome attorney and lobbyist Christian Rhodes today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- All returning or new athletes interested in trying out for the Jesuit Track & Field team will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 112. See Coach Rudy ASAP if you cannot attend.
- Students participating in Tulane’s WaveMUN will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214. If you’re unable to attend, see Mr. Trosclair.
- The varsity basketball team will begin play in the Jesuit Invitational Tournament tonight vs. De La Salle in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:30.
- Both the varsity cross country and swimming teams are to report to the Carrollton Ave. steps at 3:30 this afternoon for Hall of Champions’ photos.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch Bullitt, a crime thriller with one of the most celebrated car chases in film history.
- The Varsity Bowling Team will be holding try-outs for its upcoming season tomorrow and Monday from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM at AMF Allstar Lanes in Kenner. All those who are interested are required to attend at least one of the try-outs. All returning starters are required to be at both try-out sessions. For more information or any questions, please email Coach Todd Bourgeois.
- Students interested in going to serve breakfast at Grace at the Greenlight tomorrow morning should see Mr. Delatte as soon as possible. This will be our last visit to Grace at the Greenlight this semester.
- Any Mu Alpha Theta members interested in participating in the District Meeting tonight between 6 and 7:30 pm to compete with other area schools, please sign up through Canvas. Food and drinks will be provided. See Mrs. Brauner or Ms. Lulich if you have any questions.
- It’s December, and Christmas is fast approaching. With Christmas comes presents under the tree. Unfortunately, some needy children will not receive gifts and this is where you can help. The Marine Corps Reserve and Jesuit MCJROTC are sponsoring the annual Toys for Tots Drive, which runs through Dec. 16. During the drive, we will collect new, unwrapped toys for local needy children. Boxes will be placed in each homeroom to collect the toys and a flyer has been placed in all teachers’ mailboxes. The homeroom in each grade level that collects the most toys will receive a donut party at the beginning of next semester. A minimum of 1 toy per student is required to qualify. The drive only lasts until Dec. 16, so start bringing those toys in and make some child’s Christmas a very merry one.