Announcements for Monday, November 28, 2022
Today is Monday, November 28, 2022
Regular Order, Day 2
- Books with Beignets will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- The Chess Club will meet today after school in Room 332.
- The varsity basketball team will play at H.L. Bourgeois tonight with tip off set for 6:45. The JV game begins at 5:30.
- Balfour will be on campus Wednesday during lunch in the auditorium to take orders for senior rings and graduation announcements.
- The Varsity Bowling Team will be holding try-outs for its upcoming season on Thursday, Dec. 1 and Monday, Dec. 5 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM at AMF Allstar Lanes in Kenner. All those who are interested are required to attend at least one of the try-outs. All returning starters are required to be at both try-out sessions. For more information or any questions, please email Coach Todd Bourgeois.
- The Freshmen Basketball Team went 3-0 over the Thanksgiving break by defeating St. Pauls 50-27, Mandeville High 46-26, and Shaw by a score of 38-24. Brennan Pitts led the team in scoring against St. Pauls with 10. Sven Jensen led the team in scoring against Mandeville with 12. And Tanner Hughes and Pitts led the team against Shaw with 9. The Team also received contributions from Zachary LaGraize and Tyler Oufnac with scoring and hustle plays.
- Over the Thanksgiving break, The JV Basketball team began their season with a record of 2-1. This past Friday, the JV team defeated Mandeville High by a score of 46-22. Neil Odeh was the leading scorer with 7. On Saturday, the team beat Archbishop Shaw 37-20. Anthony Monatlbano was the leading scorer with 9 points. Harrison Gootee added 8 and controlled the pace of the game. The Jays were also anchored all week by the Twin Towers of Ethan Lapeze and Pete Metzinger who cleaned up the glass with rebounds and blocked shots.
- The varsity soccer team swept the BOSH tournament last weekend. Nick Danna scored a hat trick on Friday contributing to a decisive 5-0 victory over Vandebilt Catholic. On Saturday, the Jays forced Grace King into a forfeit, after Blake Burmaster’s early goal. Throughout the weekend, defensive efforts were led by Senior Jacques Broussard and Senior Chris Puckett. In the final game, the Jays were held in a stalemate against East Jefferson, but in the final 2 minutes of the game, Blake Burmaster scored once again to seal the 3-win tournament for the Jays.
- The wrestling team opened its home dual schedule with a 39-33 win over Catholic High School and a 72-6 win over Riverdale on Saturday. Key pins in the Catholic dual came from Jack Heslin, Grant Herbert, Arthur Schott, and Jackson Calderaro.